Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Gracias, Mis Amigos

To Donnie F, Charlie U, Personal Heckler, and everyone else who wished me a happy birthday on this blog, and also via this newfangled electronic mail system: Much appeciated, very much so.

I am touched by your outpouring of good wishes and hope that you all will come out with me on Saturday night to celebrate. Just don't buy me drinks, I'm a fuckin' lightweight. Bat Mitzvah girls have drank me under the table before. Wait, scratch that, I've never been under the table with any Bat Mitzvah girls. Well, except for that one, and she looked at least fifteen.

Only thing is...Where the hell do we go? I need a cool (read: CHILL) bar to set up shop in, a place that ain't too fancy, a place where people can walk in with raggedy ass jeans and sandals if they so choose. Since it's a Saturday in the City, and people go out of town, there could be as few as seven and as many as, say, 30 folks in attendance.

Suggestions? Sound off in the comments section below. And please, real suggestions only. I'm all about humor, folks, but let's take this time to be Yahoo Serious.

7 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about Alpine Valley? I heard you could get in there with raggedy ass jeans and sandals.

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Bart Starbux said...

Happy birthday, Ace. Though I will be out of town this weekend and unable to attend your box social, rest assured I will be in Nashville prattling on about boys and music and jelly beans and stickers.

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Ahhh, thanks for the shout, Starbucks. Enjoy Nashville, Roll Tide, and look out for my fake beard...oh crap I'm stuck in the stairs.

As for Alpine Valley, mmmmm, that sounds lovely. Raggedy ass jeans = overdressed there.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Seyeko said...

The Village Pub!!

If that's too far out of your way, there's always Black Star (It's in one of the villages)

 
At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Village Pub...Alpine Valley. Both places where I've vomited in the parking lot, along with that Burger King in Roanoke, VA. Never upchucked at Kusters. Ace and I met Howie Mandel's estranged daughter there, though. Good times...

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Howie Mandel's estranged daughter, that story is not a joke...this chick, with a straight face and in all seriousness, tried to convince the above anonymous commenter and I that she was Howie Mandel's estranged daughter, and he was a prick or something like that. It was difficult, if not impossible, to hold back the laughter...especially since we'd been to Lechter's Housewares for some whip cream catridges earlier that day.

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Seyeko said...

Didn't know you were such a culinary master Ace. All that fresh whipped cream must have been quite tasty. I wonder if you ever had to visit the, uhm...dentist?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home