Friday, June 11, 2004

The Latest in Casual Racism

Here's a pretty troublesome exchange between my roommate and me last night...

Ace: The iPod is everywhere, man. I've noticed a lot more Latinos with them on the subway.

Roommate: Most likely stolen.

Ace: Well, obviously.


You know, that's probably in the file of blatant or overt racism. But hey, at least I didn't say that I've noticed a lot more Latinos with iPods in low riders, with their top buttons buttoned and wearing hairnets, screaming "Yo, ese" and "Ariba La Raza."

OK, now I just said it...don't hit Publish Post, don't hit Publish Post, don't hit Publish Post...

2 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, Blogger Wooglin said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Wooglin said...

As a latino with an ipod, i can tell you the only reason i got my ipod was because i got tired of driving around with my native country's flag adhered to the hood of my car looking for easy cd's stores to rob with my homeboys.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home