Wednesday, June 02, 2004

MMJ

I saw My Morning Jacket last night thanks to Starbucks' brother who is some sort of big swinging dick on the Nashville music scene. Hell, the VIP passes we got landed us in the balcony at Irving Plaza and I stood right in FRONT of honcho de los honchos, Clive Davis, the second best Clive in the world behind Clive Anderson. Who is Clive Davis? He's the king of cool, as detailed in this quip from his bio:

When you get Rod Stewart, Justin Timberlake, Aretha Franklin, and Alicia Keys to perform at your legendary pre-Grammy galas, you know you're the epitome of cool.


Wow, what a cool gala! Probably the coolest gala since Bette Midler, Jon Koncak and Sen. Frank Lautenberg jazzed up my pre-Cable Ace Awards gala.

So MMJ was pretty good, all in all. They definitely can ride the power chords all night long and headbang with the best of 'em. Hair all over the place, except of course on Clive. You can't see the lead singer's face when he sings, which is cool cause it looks like the back of Janis Joplin's head is singing to you.

So I got shitcanned and I've paid for it all day today. It was one of those inbetween drunks. You know, where you are really aware that you're drunk but you're powerless to stop it. I could sense that I was walking like a complete idiot on my way home, like I had just learned to walk, but I was at the mercy of my drunken legs.

To sum up:

My Morning Jacket in concert: B+
Hangover: killer
Clive Davis: cool
Clive Anderson: cooler
This Baby: huge
Book Club: Tonight (Bunny deserved it)

1 Comments:

At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fuck you! Sincerely, Clive Barker

 

Post a Comment

<< Home