Monday, June 28, 2004

Quick, Take This Country

So the good ol' United States actually handed over sovereignty to an interim Iraqi government today, a full two days ahead of schedule. Finally, our administration told the truth about something! Don't you sometimes get the feeling that Bush is trying to pull off that "my fingers were crossed, my fingers were crossed" routine way too much? Well, this time, it worked out. Even Bremer made it home alive, which is something I never would have predicted -- almost bet on that one in Vegas.

I was hoping for something a bit more exciting, like the breakup of The Rockers, but I guess this works too. I was hoping that we would pull a Shawn Michaels to Iraq's Marty Jannetty -- just when you thought we were going to ride off into the sunset, Bremer delivers some sweet Chin Music to Pachachi's face, then pick hims up and throws him through a plate glass window, Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake looking around in shock, not knowing what to do. Heck, I'd even have taken a little Mega Powers explode action, our Hogan versus Iraq's Macho Man, with the winner getting all the oil and, of course, the awesome title belt...

But no, no fireworks at all. Just a low-key ceremony resembling an Alan Greenspan Senate testimony. I guess all we have now is a freer, albeit unstable, Iraq and nonstop coverage of Anderson Cooper in Baghdad. It's good Cooper is over there -- I say too little, too late, though, we already found out that Ahmad Chalabi is The Mole.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home