Monday, June 07, 2004

Sopranos = Pedro

The Ace Cowboy has a lot on his mind today...Had a nice weekend in Chicago and I've got lots to talk about:

I took in a Roman Catholic wedding ceremony ("Peace be with you"), I hit up Wiener's Circle late night, I had an aborted trip to a karaoke bar with 15 wedding-dressed people who really wanted to sing "Endless Love" and "Get Outta My Dreams" and possibly "Faithfully", and many many more hilrious hijinx in the Windy Apple.

But I had to get up at 5:30 this morning because The Gipper finally remembered that it was time to stop living. And now I'm freakin' busier than Kelly Ripa's fallopian tubes, so that'll all have to come later.

For now, here's a quick take on The Sopranos finale from my Boston friend Eric:

"anyhoo, pranos is good. not great. that's just how it is. it's the pedro martinez of tv. you could get the 8 innings and no runs (two weeks ago). you could get the 7+ innings, 7 hits, 2 runs (finale). or you could get the 3 innings, 10 hits, 6 runs (dream sequence a few weeks ago). overall, good but not great. just the way it is. will streinbrenner still throw dollares at pranos? probably yes."

Absolutely brilliant analogy. Does Boston suck, though? Absolutely. Pedro can eat my ass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home