Friday, July 16, 2004

Afternoon Hodgepodge

I'm glad we're all having fun with the comments board today...but seriously, not one poster mentioned a thing about the Sprint "Business is Beautiful" mershes I love so much? That hurts, and not in that John Cougar Mellencamp kind of way. Let's make it a point this weekend to catch that commercial and bask in its infinite glory. Thank you. Enjoy your pebbles.
 
This paragraph's for Mitchell Verger Dartz III, who's departing Da Natti shortly for the super secure infrastructure of Greece. (V-Dartz is to be a researcher for NBC during the Olympic games, so feel free to wish him luck and say your final goodbyes. Dude, it was really great being your friend over the past 7 years. Um, can I have your stereo?) So anyway, V-Dartz is easily the biggest Bengals fan on the planet; so much so that's he's got me on the bandwagon, I root for the Bengals more than any team but the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets (except for Week One of the upcoming season, when the Jets shall trounce those striped cats to death). But this is one of the greatest under the radar stories, fuckin' cheapo owner Mike Brown is threatening to sue former season ticket holders unless they pay the team $60,000. Now, I don't know who's right and who's wrong here, but this is just another example of why the Bengals will always be the Bengals. Force a sale, Bengals fans, force a sale. Mike Brown is a turd-licker. In a related story, I love Bengals Zubaz pants.
 
So Martha got five months in prison, five months of home detention and two years of supervisory probation. Ehh, that's not so bad. I remain committed to my position that this case was just trumped up bullshit, but hey, you're all entitled to believe what you want. Martha lied to investigators trying to implicate her, big fuckin' deal. Our fearless government officials have lied many, many more times, and they've fuckin' caused thousands of young kids to come home from war in wheelchairs or flag-draped coffins. Maybe the two aren't exactly analagous, but why the vengeance for someone who lied to save their own ass and not for the guys who lied and put other people's lives in jeopardy? I just don't get it sometimes.
 
OK, obviously today's posts are a little disappointing. I just have nothing funny on the brain today. Maybe it's the extra two hours of sleep today that just drained me of energy (I've heard you're more tired when you sleep more, due to more energy expended on dreams). Maybe it's the fact that I just suck ass. Some of you think you're entitled to hilarious or amusing posts all the time, some of you think you're entitled to thought-provoking posts. I suggest you pick up a keyboard, a write a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to. Sorry, that was a pretty sad effort at brining Col. Nathan R. Jessup into the equation, I can't go a week without bringing that guy up. Ah fuck it, I don't need to impress you people.



9 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, Blogger Seyeko said...

I was dissapointed. I would have figured a link for pebbles would have led me to this.

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger poophopanonymous22 said...

kick saaaaaaaaave and a beauty for noting how pathetic your attempt to insert a jessup quote

heres my take on martha, since when did "home detention" become a punishment in our society, frankly, i could not think of one better thing to happen to me than 5 months of home detention, oh wait your honor, i get to sit at home, set the guiness masturbatory record, AND play a full season of mvp baseball 2004 for the next 5 months?? uhm did i also mention i urinated on your robe while u werent looking, oh no, not another 5 months, AHHHHH!!

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

I have no fear callin' myself out on anything...But don't be knockin my Jessup references. I'll fuckin' put Jessup into every post for the rest of the year and you'll fuckin' sit there and like it. Jessup rocks.

Great take on home detention...I also think that's one of the cooler punishments someone could bestow on me.

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger poophopanonymous22 said...

agreed, jessup = rocks

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Seyeko said...

This has nothing to do with the topic at hand, but was chatting with a buddy on IM a little while ago and of course, the term "dirty mexican" came up (in a reference to one of our very jewish friends). Now, I am always telling him that there really is no need to add the qualifier dirty because doesn't "mexican" already imply dirty?

Agreed?

Just some thoughts to ponder...

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

That's a little too racist for my liking, Seyeko...remember, casual racism is welcomed here, but that's over the line (mark it zero).

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Seyeko said...

So I guess the joke about the one-armed Pollack is out of the question then?

Flamer :)

 
At 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no titles with "hodgepodge" anymore, it reflects poorly on everyone involved here

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Seyeko said...

Here is my REAL contribution to this here blog:

Mmmmmmmmmmmm, saltyYou can get lost in that site for hours and hours. It's quite informative and pretty exciting locating some new products you've never heard of before!

Dried Black Fungus? Uhh, I'll pass!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home