Friday, July 02, 2004

The Best

The Yankees won the greatest regular season game I've ever seen last night in the most amazing fashion: beanballs, errors, home runs, faceplants, sick defensive plays, Sheff at 3rd for the first time in 11 years, Wormser strikes out, The Kid, Pedro, Kaat/Kay idiocy, Sulking Nomar, the whole works. I've been reading about it all morning. I'm in shock and disbelief.

And that's not even the coolest thing about today. Why?

CAUSE IT'S MY LAST DAY AT WORK!!!

Independence Day? Yes, July 2, 2004. Sure, maybe it's not the British I'm overthrowing, but I won't make a label, create a binder, track a billing expenditure, or make 2 courtesy copies for the judge ever again. Or until law school is over. But in the immortal words of Clark W. Griswald, "Hallelujah, Holy Shit!" I'm going to get a big sandwich, nay, THE big sandwich, today for lunch and then pass out down the shore for the weekend.

So have a great one and a fantastic fourth. I know I will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home