Monday, July 19, 2004

Music; Bad Music; Music to My Ears

A good weekend in the books, we'll have more on that later...
 
Right now, I'm pretty pissed. I woke up to find out that Apple is coming out with a new generation of iPods. And while they're not that different from the old ones, they've got more battery life and the prices have been knocked down by about $100 each model. Why does this upset me? I just fuckin' bought a new one about a month ago. Figures. Totally fuckin' figures. I just bought this thing and I'm already out of space -- I need Bruce Dickinson to come to my house and tell me to exlore the space.
 
I coulda put like 50 more Dave Matthews Band shows onto my iPod. Um, nah, I probably wouldn't put any sort of DMB on there unless I contracted, say, vertigo and the only cure was continuous DMB in the earphones. But that nonsensical statement does provide me with a nice, smooth segue to this story, a riot at the DMB show this weekend. A riot at the DMB show? Wait, what? According to the article, "Eyewitnesses say people were throwing bottles and rocks at each other...People fought, threw objects and burned cars at that Dave Matthews concert." Wow, who knew that 14-year-old girls and the local high school's JV soccer team had so much inner anger and hatred...
 
To the four women that read this site, here's a story that I hope you read and digest: "A drunken Filipino farmer nailed his wife's mouth shut and beat her to death in front of their children, then prepared breakfast for her the next day without realising he had killed her, police said on Monday." Let this be a lesson. Or something.
 
More to follow this afternoon...

10 Comments:

At 9:43 AM, Blogger Seyeko said...

Oooooh, I thought that read "then prepared HER for breakfast, unaware he had killed her...".

That would have really kicked this story up a notch!

BAM!

With that said, I guess I WONT be seeing you this Wednesday at the DMB show @ Camden??? I'll hold a Bic lighter up in your honor during the encore!

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Nope, no DMB for me...I may crash a sweet sixteen party to re-create the experience, though.

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Seyeko said...

Wednesday evening sweet sixteens usually come around quite often around these parts...

On a totally unrelated note, I was enjoying one of the finer NYC street fairs Saturday afternoon and came accross what possibly could be the tastiest (and deadliest) fried food ever: fried oreos. I was a bit skeptical about trying them, but once I saw them bubbling up in that hot, oily bath, I knew I was in for a treat.

And it was! I could have went back for seconds, but I was in the middle of unclogging my arteries and thought that might be a conflict of interest.

Up next, all they need to create is the deep-fried Pizza and I'll have fried treat for breakfast, lunch and dinner!

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger poophopanonymous22 said...

fried oreos, damn, where do i sign up

is there something wrong with me for having a strong desire to see i, robot??

and i think its time for these so called females who read the site to step it up today, even though i just cant trust something that bleeds for 5 days and doesnt die

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Seyeko said...

I've come to the conclusion they need to come out with more fried snacks.

M&M/Mars should jump on the bandwagon and start deep-frying their scrumptious M&M's coated with a tasty cake batter, similar to the Hong Kong Egg Cake.Deep Fried = good.
Baked = it would taste better deep-fried!

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger hoobs said...

as everybody (including bruce dickinson) knows, the real cure for vertigo is not DMB, but rather more cowbell.

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Seyeko said...

Don't you just hate Mondaze?

This place is deader than Bronson Pinchots career post Perfect Strangers.

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Seyeko, why don't you just keep posting on your own blog instead of writing little posts here? Don't mean any offense or nuthin', just seems like you have a lot to say...

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Seyeko said...

Hmmmmmm. Never thought about that. Kind of figured adding comments made it more of an open forum.

I guess I could always just go back to doing work. Yeah, uhm...work!

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Add to the open forum all ya want...I'm just sayin', it seems like you have a lot more on your mind, and more free time than any of us...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home