Monday, July 05, 2004

Working on a Holiday: Lovely!

Show of hands: How many people are stuck in the office working today? Exactly, just as I had suspected. It's the Fourth of July holiday and I'm fuckin' transcribing an interview I conducted on Friday about the Chinese electronics industry -- fair or not fair? I'd much rather be commemorating this holiday with a little musical called "Red, White and Blaine."

Oh work, why do ye torture me so...I'd love to be home on my couch right now, scratching my tuchus in my gatkas, maybe doing some laundry, maybe ripping some CDs onto the computer or ripping some of those infamous tubes of smoke, you know, a typical holiday. But no, I'm working. Work today is about as fun as a funeral on Yom Kippur.

Well, the Yank'ums got swept this weekend at Shea, which could have been expected after the brutal Sawx series at the Stadium. Look, I'm not saying that they're allowed to just drop three games against their crosstown rivals (and I use the term "rival" loosely), but it doesn't bother me as much after that Boston series. Thas'all I'm saying. Now, let's adhere to the religion/politics/Yankees rule and forget I brought it up.

But you know what doesn't make any sense? It's the July 4th holiday, everyone is off from work, kids are obviously off from school -- why are there so many NIGHT baseball games today? How come every single game isn't a matinee? This boggles my mind, it makes zero sense. What else do people have to do today? The fact that there are only three games before 4 pm today leads me to the obvious conslusion that nobody in Major League Baseball knows what the fuck they're doing. Or maybe they know exactly what they're doing -- I also noticed that there are four time-staggered games on ESPN and ESPN2 today. Look, I love televised baseball as much as the next poor schmuck, but how can you sell out the hometown fans for the national audience? This is really one trend that needs to be fixed. Get on it, Selig, you dumb bastard, it's a sailboat not a schooner.

And one more random thought: Is there anything better in this world than the Introduction before Help > Slip > Franklin's from One from the Vault? No, there isn't. Asked and answered.

Allright, that's enough dallying. I better get back to this crapola.

2 Comments:

At 4:22 PM, Blogger Seyeko said...

*Nelson voice* HA HA!

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

That's just not nice. Not nice at all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home