Monday, August 30, 2004

Nordberg

Sorry, Slackers, I'm knee deep in Social Security reform right now, and I bet Donnie's knee deep in Cornellian Jewchicks and torts (sounds hot, right?). Otherwise, we'd be glad to wisk you away to the LaLanic World of lollipops and gumdrops and an unconditional yet unrequited love for Gary Sheffield.

For now, let me just ask this question that's been bothering me for the last two months: Is there some sort of general embargo on the coverage of the OJ Chase? How come on June 17th every year, we don't get treated to "BRAVO Presents the 10th Anniversary of OJ Simpson's Greatest Run Ever"? You're telling me a struggling cable television network shouldn't pony up the cash for the rights to this thing? Every year on the anniversary of that fateful day in June, that network would eaaasily win the ratings war by a landslide margin. Makes no sense to me...it's been 10 years and I've still never seen a replay. How can that be?

Man, that was a fun night -- Game 5 of the NBA Finals, OJ taking off in the now-infamous white Bronco...and to cap it all off, my buddy punched his twin sister with blunt force right in the head because she made fun of him, perhaps an acne-related insult in front of at least eight of his best friends, but I don't recall the exact impetus. Ahhh, good times. I really wish I were five days short of my 15th birthday all over again.

7 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Blogger poophopanonymous22 said...

well ace, funny u should mention oj and his bronco, i saw a replay this very morning as it came in numero 10 on espn's top 25 headlines, and now i cant stop thinking about the tim meadows snl bit, "I'M AC DAMN IT, I'M AC"

the comedy that must have been going on inside the bronco must have been off the charts, i wonder if keith jackson would mind reciting the play by play, that would be supah sweet

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

That's exactly what prompted me to speak out...the ESPN list. But I do think about that all the time, how come this footage isn't over-played?! They over-play the lame stuff and under-play the ratings gold. Network heads are idiots.

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Sox1918 said...

That sheff picture is priceless.

"How could anybody not like him?"

- Mrs. Seinfeld

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Don Fiedler said...

I punch my sis and she disappear into the crowd.

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

I want time, tell me what time.

 
At 5:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can you make a post about the O.J. night and not mention the now-legendary Phish Milwaukee show from that same evening?

You're losing it.

"Run, O.J., Run!"

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Wow, that's really funny you mention that, Anonymous...I thought about putting that in there, but I figured our audience was a little Phished out lately. But yes, I really did wanna put that in there -- a classic.

Incidentally, that show was in the Eagles Auditorium, the site of Donnie and Ace's May 2000 trip to see ECW's Hardcore Heaven Pay-Per-View. I (appropriately) touched Tommy Dreamer in the crowd that night. Good times.

View results here: http://www.softwolves.pp.se/wrestling/ecw/99-00.html#hard00

 

Post a Comment

<< Home