Thursday, August 12, 2004

Seriously, We Out

Ahh, the first of three vacation days and somehow I was still up at 7:30 this morning. Ain't life grand. This post should serve as a reminder that Donnie and I will be departing for Parts Unknown (homeland of such faves as the Ultimate Warrior and The Berserker) for a joyous farewell weekend with the popular rock band Phish.

I just made a final preparation run to Duane Reade for the essentials...Somehow I came back to my apartment with only five packs of cigarettes, two lighters and a travel-sized Scope. Um, maybe I need to make another run shortly. There's gotta be something else I'm forgetting. This girl in the elevator on the way back up definitely forgot something. She pushed 20, I pushed 18. I got out on 18, so did she. Chances of her putting her key in someone's else's lock? One-hundred percent. I fuckin' love seeing shit like that. It happens. What happens, shit? Sometimes.

Anyway, we'll be back next week with our regularly scheduled programming: Donnie Sits On His Fat Ass and Ace Whines About His Difficulties At Work. Remember, the Slack LaLane network is on old school TBS time, so tune in on the :05's. Whatever you do, take care of your shoes. See ya Tuesday.

1 Comments:

At 3:14 PM, Blogger abby said...

I'm sure I'm too late, they're probably on their way, but I just read this and, well...maybe it gave me a new appreciation for this whole Phish thing. Maybe.

"'Bathtub Gin' by Phish" by Benjamin Cohen.

http://www.mcsweeneys.net/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home