Friday, August 06, 2004

X Games This

SportsCenter is just really pissing me off. Just when I think it can't get any worse than last week's "music and sports" ridiculous crossover, ESPN sends everyone's favorite slutbag Linda Cohn from Bristol to Los Angeles for about 20 minutes of live X Games coverage in the first half hour of SportsCenter. I tune into SC to find out the day's baseball scores and preseason football news, and all I get is a few dudes on bikes doing some flips. Granted, the flips were cool as shit, but if I purposely didn't watch the two hours of X Games coverage that immediately preceded SC, why the fuck would I want to watch it during SC? That's fuckin' balls on ESPN's part, and I fear they're going to pull this crap every night of the games. Gimme bats, not bikes.

On an unrelated note, if you didn't hate Jim Rome enough, here's some more wood for that fire (although many of you might find this funny, I actually chuckled once or twice). Not sure if this is a joke, or if it's serious, but who the hell is this guy and why is he writing about Phish? I'll tell you who he is: Jim Rome is a fraud and a nincompoop. I hope Jim "Chris" Everett is a fan.

I, obviously, have nothing today.

4 Comments:

At 1:37 PM, Blogger Bart Starbux said...

I second that motion, Bullet. When I'm standing in my living room in wrinkled boxers and bed-head at 6:30, trying to pep-talk myself into showering, and I flip on the TV, the last thing I want to see is horse-face Cohn babbling on about nollies and front-side weiner grinds. What a horrible way to start a day.

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Thanks Balke BartStarbuxamous...Linda should be double banged by a horse and a broom. Get this slutbag off my television, and get these gnarley radical totally tubular backside 180s and seat grabs off my screen as well.

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Phiul said...

Just as Watley's Jew jokes didn't offend Jerry as a Jew, but as a comedian, Jim Rome's comments don't offend me as a Phish fan, they offend me as a fan of anything GOOD. What a poorly written, predictable pile of crap.

Phish fans smell.
Phish fans smoke pot.

Wow - that's fucking genius. Or Genus if you're a fan of the board game.

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

So well said, Tits. I'm not offended because it's just Jim Rome being Jim Rome. But you're right, it is just a stereotypical "here's what I think I know about what people tell me about this band I've never listened to" piece.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home