Tuesday, September 14, 2004

The Goose and The Moose

My plan is to provide even more noise for you football fans by doing a Monday Morning Quarterback kind of take on the weekend. Didn't exactly get that going this week, but I do have one note from this past week's slate of games. Here's an example of what I'll try to bring to the table, as excerpted from my league's weekly fantasy football newsletter:

---------------
Dick Stockton and Daryl “Moose” Johnston did the play-by-play and color commentary for the NFL on FOX’s late game – the Eagles versus Giants. Since there are more than a fair share of interested parties in this league, I’m sure that game was watched intently. Anyone else catch the fact that every time they threw it down to Tony Siragusa on the sidelines he started the sentence by addressing his broadcast partners upstairs in the booth? Yes, in case you missed it, EVERY TIME that Stockton introduced a segment by the Goose, it was followed by, “Moose, Dick, I’m here down on the field…” or “Moose, Dick, I just talked with Andy Reid…”

This guy legitimately said the word “moosedick” on live television approximately 10 times. Moosedick! Where’s the outrage about that, parents? Where are the letters to the FCC? I’d gladly take a little Super Bowl Nubian Nip over the image of a blatantly large animal phallice any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
---------------

Anyway, I thought that was hilarious, it cracked me up for a solid few minutes every time they popped down to him. So I figured I'd share that with you. I hope you chuckled, and if not, I hope a ferret bites your lips off and tears out your duodenum.

1 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, Blogger Don Fiedler said...

Here's my take on Dick n' Moose: Terrible. Hey Dick, how many times can you say, "He picked up 12 yards, good enough for a first down," on 2nd and 15? Are you not aware that penalties drive the offense back or that tackles for loss happen? 10 yards is not an automatic first down. This happened at least 8 times, right Bart?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home