Thursday, September 02, 2004

Up Five-Hunny By Midnight

The Ace Cowboy is off to Vegas...Along with 20 dudes and a pocket full of cash and snuff, Ace and company are off to the new hotel in the Mandalay Bay for a bachelor party for our first high school friend to get hitched. Poor sucker. I was commenting to a buddy last night -- this guy's got a house he just bought, he's got a job he'll be in for the rest of his life, and he'll soon to have a newlywed bride. Just add a kid or three and this guy's set for the rest of his life. His life is over already, right? And considering he reads this little rag, I'm sure he's not happy reading that last sentence. Enjoy the next month of your life, bud, and enjoy the fuck out of this weekend. I know we will.

I've only been to Vegas twice, and you could say I'm a pretty big fan. Go ahead, you can say it. Blackjack, craps, alcohol, strippers...um, seriously, what's not to like? But I've only been there in the Phish capacity, been there twice see the popular rock band there in September 2000 and in April of this year. So this weekend's going to be a bit different than eating a bunch of rolls and hugging random hippies when the band plays Fluffhead, yelling "Yes, dude, yes, how nasty is this, brah?" Well, I'm guessing it'll be a bit different than that. Although, after the second night's show in 2000, Donnie and I stumbled into one of my older friends' bachelor party on the top floor of the Bellagio. Fifteen dudes in their late 20s in dress clothes all set to hit the town, three chicks doin' their thang on the guest of honor, two half-nekked chicks making out on the couch, and two college seniors, Donnie and I, in shorts, raggedy t-shirts and sandals on plenty of rolls and more ephedra in our systems than a dead football player in July. Now, THAT was a scene that had to be seen. I cannot do it justice. Anyway, Vegas. My excitement knows no bounds.

I've got plenty to sound off on, including the Kobe case, the Sports Guy's own nonsensical flip flop, and the Zell Miller speech (which I didn't watch), but I've gotta tie up my loose ends before leaving...will try to post a bit later, sports fans. Until then, keep your feet on the ground and keep scratching your balls. Or something like that.

3 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, Blogger Seyeko said...

Vegas is cool, but you can lose 1G just like *that*, which is just so NOT cool. Party with your head, not your wallet my friend.

Me? I'm taking off to PR for a few days tomorrow AM. Cant get the heck outta this town soon enough.

I think I actually won the most at MB at Aa Let it Ride table. Whichever hotel had the House of Blues restaurant, that was it. Good luckers.

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Don Fiedler said...

Wait, I thought what happened in Vegas stays in Vegas. Does this mean I can't talk about the fat hippie girl we helped cross an arroyo and over a chain link fence?

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

That girl sucked big time. I wish i could post again before leaving, but it's not to be.

Fiedler, post yer ass off tomorrow, keep the Slackers entertained!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home