Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Ammo

I am high-falutant. That's why I read the New Yorker. I should probably also be getting home delivery of the New York Times so's I can scratch my chin and talk about how they surround a story, giving me so many ways to sound like a douchebag who reads the Times. But that's neither here nor there.

So I'm thumbing through the New Yorker yesterday and I came across this, which is something I'd been waiting for all year: a nice concise and damning review of the Bush Administration. There's stuff in there culled from all corners of the angry left: anti-war, pro-choice, pro-Civil Rights, anti-secrecy in govt., pro-environment, save the budgeteers, pro-intelligence in govt., the Gayz Rool lobby. Everything. And, if you memorize this piece, you have all the ammunition you need to shoot down Republicans. So I encourage us all to read it. It's even says nice things about Kerry (which made me somewhat suspicious about the goals of the piece; then I realized the goals of the piece were to talk up Kerry at the expense of Bush).

Oh, by the way, has anyone seen anything about the NY Senate race? Obviously, Chuck Schumer (Who Mer? SCHU-mer!) is going to win this thing in a landslide. But it has to be a great help when you're running against 2 weirdos:

1) that Assemblyman who (literally) can't control his eyebrows and looks like a demented Burt from Sesame Street
--and--
2) Edith Bunker-Kearns-Goodwin, MD

2 Comments:

At 2:58 PM, Blogger ethan said...

thoooooose were the days.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Don't have time to read the article yet...I'll get to it when I can.

But KUDOS on the "Who-Mer, SCHU-Mer" wordplay...that's why we loves ya, Donnie, that's why we loves ya. Brilliance.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home