Monday, October 25, 2004

Perpetuities

Yay! My property class this morning was all about the Rule Against Perpetuities, you know, a rule enhancing the marketability of property that requires an interest to vest within 21 years of the person who represents the validating life's death. I mean, some super-tight shit, right?

See, this is why I don't post for months at a time. This gives me no fodder to talk about, although I did spend most of the class constructing a hypothetical will based on the Dukes of Hazzard. (Cooter has a remainder interest contingent on precedent condition of Daisy busting out of them Daisy Dukes. The Duke Boys' interest is best described as "no good".)

Cheers to Bart Starbux for his love of humanity and his convivial joviality. Jeers to his incredibly obnoxious habit of hocking loogies on the floor of the bar near the Silver Strike Bowling machine.

Cheers to Kurt Warner for leading us to a most-surprising 4-1 record to start the season. Jeers to his interception in the end zone in the 2nd quarter that deflated the Giants for the rest of the game, and, if I know the Giants (and I do, I've seen them naked), for the rest of the season as well. The Giants will be lucky to win 2 more games.

Cheers to the burgeoning, all-volunteer Iraqi military. Jeers to the members of that military being capped in the head Long Beach-style by terrorists. Looks like Bush & Co. are doing a great job of training a the Iraqi military, 50 dudes who couldn't fight back against a couple of ragtag extremists. Yeah, things are going well over there. Iraqis must be wondering, "Who is going to protect the police?" The answer: Commendant Lassard.

I'm going to read about manslaughter now and leave you with this thought: how much cooler would I be if my name was Don Manslaughter? 10%? 15%? I think it's hard to quantify. But that's not the point.

4 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

"...how much cooler would I be if my name was Don Manslaughter? 10%? 15%? I think it's hard to quantify."

Seven. The answer is seven.

And what are the odds that we'd both have references to Police Academy in consecutive posts? Goddamn those are good flicks...

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Don Fiedler said...

Police Academy = Solid Gold.

I especially like the one where Mahoney's boobs are a huge, supple plotline.

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Don Fiedler said...

Crap, I obviously meant Callahan. Mahoney's boobs weren't that impressive. And what's with using those goddamned Irish names? Would it have killed the screenwriters to make Mahoney a Pollock or Slipples?

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Did you know that Mahoney's first name was Carey? And Jonesy's first name was Larvell? Hightower's name was Moses! Freakin' Captain Harris' first name is Thaddeus, but if you didn't know that then you have no business in a Police Academy trivia contest. Oh right, this is just a stupid blog, not a Police Academy trivia contest. Would be a lot more fun if it were a Police Academy trivia contest. I'm just gonna keep saying P.A.T.C. until someone shuts me up...

Wasn't there a slipples in there somewhere? I'm trying to rememeber one but I keep picturing the "Hairpie" Takashi dude from Revenge of the Nerds. And Data from The Goonies.

--Cap'n Dork

 

Post a Comment

<< Home