Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Rain, Reign O'er Me

Beisbol remarks later...if I haven't jumped out the window by then (Goddamn, how do you not walk Papi and take your chances with Doug Mientkiewicz?! It's not like this Ortiz guy has been getting big hits or anything.).

For now, it's raining in New York. If you hadn't noticed, of course. Coming out of the subway at Columbus Circle, there were huge puddles in the street on the curb, puddles that had to be navigated with care. The asian man next to me contemplated jumping this large puddle in front of us..."You're crazy," I told the asian man. "You'll never make it, buddy."

Sure enough, the man landed three-quarters of the way through the unjumpable puddle, soaking his loafers, his socks and the bottom of his trousers. "I told ya you'd never make it," I said with a shrug as he looked back at me as defeated as could be. Can't say I didn't warn him. Perhaps he was blinded with dental floss and didn't realize how large the puddle truly was, but you can't take chances like that before work. On the way home from the office, when you can change into anything you want when you get home, go ahead and trudge through the wetness. But that wet-socked, wet-shoed bastard's probably sitting at his desk right now, most likely crunching numbers or pressing my shirts, and he's wishing he could turn back time and change his terrible decision. I walked down the street about 10 feet, found a smaller puddle to Costanza over and made it across the street with little worry. And I'm (Fred) dryer than him right now.

We need this rain. The Yankees need this rain delay tonight. I need this rain delay tonight. Let it rain. Let it rain. Let your rain, rain down on me.

2 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, Blogger ethan said...

watch out for that first step - it's a dooozey.

also, i want the yanks to play tonite. and i want it to be cold and rainy so schilling's ankle feels like ass and he gets chased in 3 innings.

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Yeah, I guess I agree...I personally want a rest tonight, I can't take much more of this!

Reebok's got a lot riding on Schilling's ankle tonight.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home