Thursday, October 14, 2004

Take a Memo

To: Yankee fans

From: Ace Cowboy

Re: The News

Start spreading it.

-------------
On another note, call it spin, call it whatever you want, but I was kind of impressed with what Pedro had to say after this game. I'd be pissed had I been a Sawx fan whose team just went down 2-0, but I like the guy's perspective:

"It actually made me feel really, really good," Pedro Martinez said after his team's 3-1 loss in Game 2. "I actually realized that I was somebody important, because I caught the attention of 60,000 people, plus you guys [reporters], plus the whole world watching a guy that if you reverse time back 15 years ago, I was sitting under a mango tree without 50 cents to actually pay for a bus. And today I was the center of the attention of the whole city of New York.

"I thank God for that and you know what? I don't regret one bit what they do out there. I respect them and I actually kind of like it because I don't like to brag about myself, I don't like to talk about myself, but they made me feel important."

Do I realize that if he won that game, he'd be a Grade A D-bag and talk more trash than Billy Hoyle? Of course, but that doesn't matter right now, we won and we're his daddies. So it's a moo point, you know, like a cow's opinion.

As Roger Clemens would say, let's not beat this baseball subject with a dead horse. I gotta go, I'm helping millions of Sawx fans locate the top of their batting order. I hear they're missing.

**LATE ADDITION**
Forgot to mention that I left work last night and got into a crowded elevator with the legendary Ron Silver. I desperately wanted to shout "His fatha, is the dis-trict, attorneee" in his Israel-lovin' face, on pretty much the one-year anniversary of his Fox series' debut and cancellation, but I eventually thought better of it. Plus, while that was a decent part for the man, nothing he ever does will be better than his recurring role as campaign superstar Bruno Gianelli in The West Wing. Much love and respect for Bruno.

6 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, Blogger ethan said...

man you really do like joey.

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger poophopanonymous22 said...

stick to your day job ace

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

The fact that you caught that reference, ethan, makes you just as guilty. For the record, I haven't watched Joey (or the Cuban reality show) in a month, and both shows are terrible. I wish I could rescind those posts.

poophop, you jealous bitch. Seriously, why are you so down this morning? Is it because the two retarded Yankees, Helmet Boy and Down Syndrome Lieber, beat this Beantown team of destiny? Is that why? The Slow Yankees beat your frat boy squad good in the Bronx, and we're taking two of three in your park. We are. We're going for the jugular. Jerk Brown pitches a siuck game tomorrow, mark those palabras.

Did anyone watch the debate last night? Any thoughts?

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger poophopanonymous22 said...

does jeter lean over the plate after every pitch so McCarver can get a better look at his ass?

-the bitter herb

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

I love how Sawx fans make fun of Jeter leaning over the plate like that...dude, it's a habit, get over it ya whiners. How bout Nomar's Tourrette's? Oh that's right, you don't like that guy anymore.

As for McCarver, you can have him. He's the single worst human being of all time. Yo, where McCarver at?

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger poophopanonymous22 said...

settle down beavis, not whining, just asking a simple question

as for mccarver, leiter should stab him, then take his job, he has been great during the postseason

 

Post a Comment

<< Home