Monday, October 11, 2004

Yeah, I'm Workin' Today

Happy Columbus Day, Slackers. It surely is a great day to be alive, no offense to Christopher Reeve and Ken Caminiti. Could John Kerry's mention of "My good friend Chris Reeve" at the second debate have killed the wheelchair-bound actor and activist? I wouldn't be surprised if the Republicans made that argument. It's hard work thinking of the Reeve/Kerry death spin. It's haaard, but people are workin' overtime on this, so I'm confident we'll win.

A serious note about the death of Ken Caminiti...I'm sure he did other stuff too (like getting busted with some coke, two crack pipes and even a crackwhore a few years back) , but I'm also fairly certain it was the massive amounts of steroids that killed him. Over the past five years or so, the wrestling world and even track-and-field have lost many people to steroids at a ridiculously young age: "Mr. Perfect" Curt Henning, Flyin' Brian Pillman, "The British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith, Ravishing Rick Rude, Louie Spiccoli, and others. Why do I bring this up? Barry Bonds is how old now? If it's true that he's been taking dangerous amounts of steroids, and yes everybody reacts differently to different catalysts, but shouldn't this guy be worried about keeling over on the field with serious cardiac arrest? Just sayin'.

We're one day away from the Invasion of Boston, and you just know this will be an American League Championship Series for the ages. And you know this, maaaan. (By the way, full ALCS preview coming up either later tonight or early tomorrow). What a quality sports weekend this was, with the Yanks, Sawx and Cards all clinching and advancing, the undefeated Jets holding on for a two-point victory to remain among the league's best, a few close college football games featuring the nation's top teams, Northwestern's second straight overtime victory...it's times like these you wish you had six or seven televisions and four or five midget hookers. Yes, sir.

Here's a funny and short animated movie I found on the "Internets" yesterday. Warning: This cartoon contains some political overtones and should not be watched by people who complain about me being too political. I bet I can be political too. Yardale rocks.

4 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Blogger Jason Mulgrew said...

Ace,

Interesting points about steriods, but here's the thing: steriods, chemically, have undergone radical changes since the days when Lyle Alzado took them and spoke out against them. I don't want to get into the technical mumbo-jumbo (partially b/c I don't know what I'm talking about, partially b/c it's too long), but today's steriods are not nearly as harmful as those of the past.

Though I'm not advocating steriod use, a lot of the people who have died recently have been juicers since the '80's/early '90's, when Bonds was still 170 pounds and had a normal-sized head.

Trust me, I know about this. I put "weightlifting" as an interest in my freshman year facebook at college in the hopes of scoring chicks, though I had never lifted a weight prior to that.

Love,
Jason Mulgrew

 
At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i guess its cause he's political and stuuuuuffff, supah sweet

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger poophopanonymous22 said...

and that begs the question, why lift weights?? there so damn heavy

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Fair enough J...Ace truly doesn't know enough about the subject to speak as an enlightened cowboy. So I'll defer to you on this one, you hulking mass of sex.

So you think Caminiti was a long-time juicer or it was more likely that he had a serious cocaine issue that killed him? Or both. I guess both.

Wow, now that it sinks in, how the f do you know so much about today's steroids versus the Alzado era? I demand answers. Search Mulgrew's jock. Search his jock.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home