Thursday, November 11, 2004

I Like This

I don't really want to bring up the election again, but I thought this was one of the best written articles about the fiction of "moral values." Frank Rich's take on the subject contains many, many points I've wanted to make since election day, mostly about Rupert Murdoch, but he obviously says it better than I ever could (You dirty rat. I already said that. Yeeeah, but I say it betttter).

And here's a great line from ChipotleBob, aka Left Coast Bobby: "Anyone catch Mike Martz calling out his players and blaming them for the losses. Was this some kind of April Fool's Joke? Anyone who stayed at a Holiday Inn Express could coach a team better than this guy." So true, Bobby, so true. I've never seen anyone so inept at his or her job. Well, considering I can't see myself in action...

4 Comments:

At 3:12 PM, Blogger Gypsy Rose said...

Ever notice that every third, no every second, country song is about cheating on one's spouse? Nobody ever said there wasn't a little hypocrisy there. But for someone who says that the "moral values" stuff is fiction, the last paragraph of Rich's article sure does pack a powerful punch.

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Yeah, the last paragraph is definitely a solid point...I thought this was just so well said.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Gypsy Rose said...

Where'd everybody go? I thought that was the bell.

 
At 9:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

another solid op/ed along the same lines:

We Are All Dubya's Doormat
News flash for ordinary Repubs and born-agains: Bush doesn't care about you, either

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/gate/archive/2004/11/10/notes111004.DTL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home