Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Re: Hussein al-Haji Simmons

My buddy Dorsey Levin with the e-mail point of the day (and since my e-mail is either broken or everyone's working real hard today, this had very little competition...regardless, great point):

"So I finally figured out this afternoon why I dislike Bill Simmons so much and find his opinion regarding all things baseball useless at best. Reading his articles is like reading a Palestinian's take on events in the Middle East."

I generally find Simmons' fanboy Sawx articles to be pretty entertaining in a weird way. I think, keeping with the Middle East analogy, that it's almost the equivalent of a member bin Laden's network reading CNN.com for news on the American war perspective. I like hearing what's inside the most vocal opposition leader's head, what the other side is thinking and feeling, especially as it relates to my side. But today I gotta agree with Dorsey...this one kinda made me want to puke. Puke, that's a funny word.

But as Yankee fans, today's column should get to us, a few spots were meant to get to us. Any time a Sawx fan brings up the choke job, it's going to sting and sting badly. Regardless, or irregardless as the kids say, click here for today's Sports Guy piece.

7 Comments:

At 4:37 PM, Blogger Sox1918 said...

You fucking read my mind Ace. I respect the guy too. He crossed the line today.

He's not a journalist.

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Yeah, 1918, I'm with ya all the way. Although, I think even Simmons would admit he doesn't want to be considered a journalist.

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger ethan said...

i like how he calls the a-rod signing "a horrendous mistake". i hope the yanks continue to make mistakes like that for years to come. also, he lumped javy into that category, but judging him on one season is just dumb.

i like simmons. he's unbelievably hypocritical, but i still like him. although those cartoons have got to go.

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

You're back in town, eh Ethan?

Yeah, A-Rod may have had a down year and got called out for the slapping routine, but that was one of the best horrendous mistakes ever...

I'm a big Simmons fan for one enormous reason -- like Triple H at the turn of the century, he's just that damn good. He really is. I try to hate him sometimes, but he's really f-in' good.

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger ethan said...

oh, im back. and soup is not a meal.

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Good to have you back around...now go post something so I can procrastinate.

Soup counts as a meal. Now you've had two soups and a sandwich.

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger ethan said...

fine. then i want my suit back.

(and i just posted something)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home