Thursday, January 13, 2005

A Real Home Field Advantage

From today's Boston Herald:

"FOXBORO - Yesterday dawned cold, wet and miserable across New England. In Foxboro, the conditions were probably worse than anywhere, with an overnight snowfall giving way to a driving rain that lasted from morning until night. It was, by any measure, a day to cover up and get out of the elements.

Unless, that is, you like to wallow in the cold and mud.

It's safe to say the Indianapolis Colts don't, and that explains why the Patriots kept the field at Gillette Stadium uncovered as the turf was pelted by the weather. As always, there were tarps nearby, ready to be rolled out. They sat untouched."

As much as I hate the Pats and want to see a landslide wipe out much of New England, you have to hand it to these shrewd fuckers. The best way to beat the Colts is to slow down their offensive machine, and the best way to do that is to play to the elements. Genius.

Still, I hope Belichick somehow ruptures his nutsack jumping over a metal fence between now and Sunday.

5 Comments:

At 2:39 PM, Blogger Matty Mac said...

I'll be there on Sunday. 4th row, North End Zone, right behind Mr. Freeze (the guy who paints his entire head silver). I hope the weather is the same as it was last year: freezing cold, wet ground and snowing like a mother.

Ace, I know you're a Jets fan, so please pray with me to Allah that they beat the hell out of the Steelers. Not because I want to play the Jets, but I think the Steelers overachieved and don't deserve to be here. And I just plain hate them anyway.

I think Adam Vinatieri and Vanderjerkoff should fight to the death. But Vinatieri gets to wear both Super Bowl rings during the fight...........

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger ethan said...

betcha a hundred bucks i can get us a rainout...

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Sure, MM, I guess I can root for the Jets this weekend. Twist my arm.

Have fun at the game...nothing better than the playoffs (playoffs?!) in any sport. Despite my differences with the Pats (I'm cool, they're not), enjoy yourself. And bring some hot chocolate.

Reminds me of the 41-0 drubbing of the Colts I witnessed firsthand in the opening round of the playoffs (you're asking me about playoffs?!) two years ago. Jets looked unbeatable that night. Goddamn Raiders. That was our time.

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Matty Mac said...

You think Jim Mora shudders every time he hears that word? I bet Mora Jr. calls his dad every morning and just yells "Guess who's in the PLAYOFFS as a rookie coach? Playoffs, dad, PLAYOFFS. You know that word, PLAYOFFS!!!!! I wanna talk about PLAYOFFS!!!" [Pan camera to Jim Mora Sr., taking a long pull of a bottle of Jack]

I think Herm Edwards' tirade about his players not trying to win is right up there as well.

The combination of hot chocolate, Goldschlager and Bailey's is waiting for Sunday.

Belichick would never jump over a metal fence. He would devise a plan to have the fence removed, and let Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weis execute the plan for him. At which point, Belichick would thus neutralize the effectiveness of the fence using a plunger and a direct snap to the fullback. He never does anything the fast or normal way.

I have no idea what that last statement I wrote actually means. I need to go home..........

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Great stuff on the Belichick plan, Matty Mac...brought a little chuckle to the end of my day.

Odds on Charlie Weis suffering cardiac arrest before coaching one game for ND? I'm sayin' 5-1.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home