Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Take My Kicker, Please

This guy is my new hero:

"You can't sell human beings on eBay, no matter how many field goals they miss in the fourth quarter of a playoff game. However, that didn't stop one disgruntled Jets fan from playfully putting Doug Brien up for bid.

Neill Drake, a 20-year-old student at Nassau Community College from Merrick. L.I. posted the listing offering Brien to the highest bidder on the online auction site at about 7 p.m. Sunday, the day after the Jets' heartbreaking loss at Pittsburgh. The starting bid was one cent. (Paul Hackett, Drake wrote, would be thrown in for free.) 'We don't want him, so let's see if someone else will take him,' Drake said yesterday." More...

Thankfully, Paul Hackett has officially resigned! Good riddance! Hackett said he wanted to explore other opportunities...I wish him the best of luck, especially if his other opportunities include calling plays for the rest of the teams in the AFC.

In less than a week I want Terry Bradway to stand at some podium and say: "Ladies and gentlemen, I give you new Jets offensive coordinator Norm Chow."

5 Comments:

At 3:46 PM, Blogger poophopanonymous22 said...

i think Barrett Robbins has earned a spot into the surreal life house.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Matty Mac said...

Yes, Barrett and his multiple personalities would do wonders on that show. Would they let the show continue until he's killed everyone in the house?

I also think that everyone in this jury should be nominated for appearances on the show as well and Sydney Simpson.

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

That's like the fifth time I've seen that "jury pool" article, and it makes me laugh every single time...when I get called for jury duty I'm using the "I'm on morphone and I'm higher than a kite" excuse, no doubt.

Barrett Robbins might be the most tragic figure in sports history...well, maybe not, but this guy is off the charts. We need new charts.

 
At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Terry Bradway says: "Let me introduce the new offensive coordinator of the New York Jets...........Mike Heimerdinger"

"Who?"

Who goes and immediately hires the offensive coordinator of a team that went 5-11 and has never been known for an explosive offense.

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

It's a good thing we had an exhaustive search, you know, left no turn unstoned -- wait, strike that, reverse it.

I think I like this guy, after reading up on him a little. But this has got to be the quickest hire of all-time: Hackett resigns at like 1 pm, we got this guy fitted up for a headset by 4. Niiiiice...

Heimerdinger, bring it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home