Friday, January 14, 2005

Yaz Band

I got off work a little early today, perfect for a little nap, nap nap-a-roo before going out for the Big Geller Birthday Bash tonight. But plans for slumber were postponed, as I spent the 50 minutes from 5:10 to 6 PM in Grand Central watching one of the best underground bands I've ever seen (and I've seen my fair share taking three trains a day in the winter).

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you: Yaz Band. These guys fucking rock. Three Japanese dudes of varying age and a 50-something black bassist with dreads laying down the funk. I mean, laying it down. Threw $2 in the bucket and signed up for the mailing list -- easily the best two ducats I've spent in a long time.

If you ever hear that Yaz Band is playing in a dive bar or you see them in the subway system, plant right in front of them and watch these fuckers. I bonded with a 300-pound big black dude as the two of us watched in amazement...I'm feelin' it right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home