Thursday, February 24, 2005

Cannons and Trades

Is it me, or is the Pope just fucking selfish? Someone just smother this fucker with a pillow already, no? I feel like Rehnquist and the Pope need to just get this whole thing over with.

Speaking of, "Hunter S. Thompson, the 'gonzo journalist' with a penchant for drugs, guns and flame-thrower prose, might have one more salvo in store for everyone: Friends and relatives want to blast his ashes out of a cannon, just as he wished."

I swear, and you can use this blog as proof, if I die young and leave no instructions for my burial, shoot my ass out of a cannon. I don't even care where I land, you can blast my ashes into a Camden crack den, but just let me get my cannon on. Brother, Red Cowboy, even though Mom and Dad don't know this thing exists, let them know this is my wish. It's Cannon Time. Actually, it's Peanut Butter Jelly Time (man I miss this fucking banana, it's been too long..this is one of my favorite songs of all-time, it kicks YEM's ass).

Insert smooth segue here, then go onto this story about a real-life Fight Club in Oakland. Welcome to the city, Mr. Moss, may you get pummeled much the same way. Actually that's not true, I'm a sucker for Randy, he may be a complete maroon, but I think he's just a misunderstood dude with a chip on his shoulder that craaaves attention. And considering most people have about 10 friends like this, why is it Moss we hate? I don't know. So I like him. Shake yo' dick, Randy, shake yo' dick.

At least I understand the philosophy behind trading Moss for some defense and some draft picks, plus the Vikings "supposably" fortified the team by doing a little addition by subtraction. But what the fuck is up with trading Chris Webber for the bowl of soup and half a sandwich deal at T.G.I.Fridays? Let's take a timeout here and think about this one for a second (ha, I made a Webber/timeout joke!).

Sure he gets paid a ton of money, but it's not like the Kings either got equal value back for Webber or got cap-friendly contracts in return. So I guess they're ready to hand the team over to Peja, but he's a free agent this summer and no sure thing to re-sign. Basically, this deal is about dumping cash, which is fine I guess, but it's not the best move for a team in the fifth spot in the West, battling for home-court advantage in the tougher conference in the league. All I know is (I gotta lotta balls), Allen Iverson is excited as hell today. A coup for the Sixers.

Just for the hell of it, here's some Robert Randolph and the Family Band playing Voodoo Chile. And here's a cool cover of Billie Jean. Damn, he's good.

And really just for the hell of it, here's a good Borat soundboard. It's a-nice.

5 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Whoa, here's a cool story, kinda makes me wish I watch CSI:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=597&ncid=763&e=8&u=/nm/20050224/tv_nm/television_tarantino_dc

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger poophopanonymous22 said...

never too late to get into the show ace, i happen to be its number one fan, show is fantastic, and for the most part episodes are independent of each other, unlike your boy jack baeur and 24, i promise u will enjoy this show and the 8 other spinoffs it has produced

as for your comments on the c-webb trade, u are forgetting one thing, he's a born loser, never even won a big ten title with that "fab" five of his

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger ethan said...

my big problem with webber is that he has no killer instinct. remember when the kings had the lakers on the ropes a few years back in the west conference finals, and with the game on the line webber deferred to mike bibby? if you're great, you've got to WANT that fucking shot. the only time a marquis player defers is when he's triple teamed and finds someone wide open (a la jordan to kerr). but webber just kicked it out of the post like it was the 2nd quarter of a preseason game.

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

CSI, it ain't gonna happen. I've watched a few random episodes here and there, and it's good, but it just doesn't do it for me.

C-Webb definitely has his flaws, don't get me wrong, but I think he has the potential to rip up the East this year. The real story is that the Sixers got someone to take Glenn Robinson -- WHY DOES ANYONE STILL TRADE FOR THIS GUY? WHAT DOES HE OFFER? I'M TYPING IN CAPS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! I really don't get it. He's not good at basketball, he's not a pillar of the 12 communities he's been a part of, and he's got the smarts of a retarded elementary school student.

I guess it's the final year of his contract, in which he's getting an inexplicable $12 million, but still, guys like this should be run out of the league. Then I'd have more interest. It's the G-Rob's of the world that make me hate NBA basketball...

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger ahren said...

as a packer fan, i can't even begin to express the totality of my satisfaction at not having to play that skinny, purple fucker 3 times a year anymore.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home