Friday, February 04, 2005

Quick Pick Snack Pack IV

Ace's playoff record against the spread: 8-2
The two losses? Both Eagles games.

So, um, I'm taking the Patriots giving a touchdown...may the Eagles prove me wrong, strike me down and put the Pats in their rightful place. For the record, Mulgrew, I'm rootin' for your boys, just not so confident they'll pull it out.

Final score prediction: 31-19
MVP: Tom Brady
Underdog MVP: David Givens

And in honor of the big game this weekend, I went back and found an article I wrote for my old college rag before the first Pats Super Bowl appearance in their current run at dynasty. I really thought the Rams would blow 'em away, but that was before Mike Martz was exposed as a fraud and a nincompoop. For some background, this was a "What you will see/What you won't see" piece...here's an excerpt:

"You will see many camera shots of Kurt Warner's wife on Sunday (wait, that's not his mom?), probably clad in her usual blue thing with ruffles and fringes and feathers. That chick looks like a combination of my friend Berger's mom, Susan Powter, and Spike from the classic arcade game Arch Rivals [ed. note: the character's name is actually "Mohawk," but I've been saying Spike for so long that it's Spike now].

Listen, I can understand crowd shots of Pete Sampras' "one fine piece of ass" wife, but Mrs. Kurt Warner? Her hair is shorter than her husband's undergrowth and she cites the word of God more than an al Qaeda disciple. Send her off with Summerall; keep her off the air."

Everyone back then thought we were looking at a Rams dynasty in the making. Now we're saying, "Who's Kurt Warner?" Funny how things work out, ain't it?

3 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Blogger ethan said...

i used to not even try to score in arch rivals - i was too focused on using the "punch" button.

but then arch rivals was replaced by nba jams and the "he's heeeaattting up...he's on fire!" thing, changing the face of arcade basketball forever.

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Actually, the original article had a parenthetical after "Arch Rivals" that said "NBA Jam's predecessor." Funny stuff. There was nothing like NBA Jam, I stayed home from school on a few days just to play that game...

The naaaaail in the coffin!

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger poophopanonymous22 said...

"boooooom sha ka laaaakaaaaa"

loved dat game

 

Post a Comment

<< Home