Friday, April 01, 2005

Opening Day: Trey-style

Add this to the list of things giving me a serious woodrow:

The redheaded fuckface debuts his new band (which may or may not be called "70 Volt Parade") tonight at Higher Ground in Vermont. It's only a matter of hours before we hear what the new group sounds like...that's exciting and bone-popping.

In the meantime, here's a great interview with the Bad Lieutenant from this month's Relix.

Some highlights:

On his material
--A lot of these songs, that I played with a ten-piece band or with a trio, have really taken off in the hands of this band. These guys kind of own it. I’ve found that I actually have a lot of material. They also learn real fast, so I’ll probably be just learning stuff along the way. They’re also kind of practice fanatics, so I’m really excited about that.

[ed. note: Practice? We in here talkin' about practice? Not a show. Not a show. Not a show. We talkin' about practice.]

On listening to Phish
--I can listen to Phish now and enjoy it in a sense that things were so confusing [then]. I [had] completely lost my perspective on everything. That’s the most important thing to realize—there was no perspective anymore, being in the middle of this whole thing. I started to almost resent it, because deep in my heart I had other things I wanted to do and I could not get out.

On reality
--Everyone laughs, and the conversation turns to American Idol. “I agree with Simon that the country chick Carrie [Underwood] is going to sell more records than any other Idol winner. She’s got it all,” says Anastasio. Ray Paczkowski chimes in with support for Bo Bise. There’s disdain all-around for the Scott Stapp-influenced Constanine Maroulis.

Anastasio’s problems today are trying to catch the last minutes of both The Apprentice and American Idol. “Man, could you believe that girl who mouthed off to Trump? She was going to move on until she insulted him,” he laughs.

On Being Awesome
--I am awesome.

OK, I made that last one up. Doesn't make it not true. Double negatives rock.

9 Comments:

At 3:31 PM, Blogger offpeak34 said...

That's a hilarious take on the Trey interview. I saw the setlist for last night's performance and it looked pretty interesting. I can't wait to see him at the Hammerstein. You gonna be there?

 
At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.thephatphree.com/features.asp?StoryID=239&SectionID=11&LayoutType=1&StoryMonth=3&StoryYear=2005

Check this out people. Pretty dead on and hilarious.

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

That setlist looked pretty cool...although playing It's Ice sans the Chairman is about as ballsy as it gets.

I've heard mixed reviews about the show, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt here and hope he works out the kinks before I see 'em. I'm gonna see him in Cincy the week before Hammerstein, then the Saturday NYC show only. You going?

And Anon., I put that up on Slack about two weeks ago. Funny stuff.

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Bart Starbux said...

Wow. Little early in the morning for slobbering on cock, isn't it Cowboy?

And don't sass me or I'll give your Duo ticket away.

Safron Foer tonight at Columbus Circle?

-bux

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

That's from Friday...no cock slobbering this early -- I could barely get my breakfast down this morning.

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Wooglin said...

Anybody ever get the feeling that Trey's mouth hangs open when he plays the guitar cause he's waiting for Dave Matthew's cock?

Just a thought.

Either way, anybody got an extra for a fellow slacker for either Hammerstein shows?

I'd rather not pay $150 on ebay.

 
At 10:09 AM, Anonymous HANDSTAND said...

Wooglin....I have an extra ticket for Friday night but that lousy Trey/Dave comment just took you out of the running. Sorry!

 
At 11:08 AM, Anonymous HANDSTAND said...

P.S. I don't have an extra ticket for Friday, but I am going.

Bring it Trey.

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Ooooh...good trick, Handstand, good trick!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home