Thursday, April 14, 2005

Sodomizing Scalia's Wife

Aside from that being an incredible band name -- Hey, brah, you seein' SS-Dub tonight? -- it also might get Donnie to come by and post a comment about how he's in law school and how he reads Scalia's decisions and how big the books are and dissents and stare decisis and oyez oyez oyez...

Band names notwithstanding, check out this story about Scalia's speaking engagement at NYU yesterday, courtesy of today's NY Post:

WHEN U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia spoke Tuesday night at NYU's Vanderbilt Hall, "The room was packed with some 300 students and there were many protesters outside because of Scalia's vitriolic dissent last year in the case that overturned the Texas law against gay sex," our source reports.

"One gay student asked whether government had any business enacting and enforcing laws against consensual sodomy. Following Scalia's answer, the student asked a follow-up: 'Do you sodomize your wife?' The audience was shocked, especially since Mrs. Scalia [Maureen] was in attendance. The justice replied that the question was unworthy of an answer."

Yesss, that is awesome! This kid's gonna be able to tell his grandchilden (assuming he's allowed to adopt a baby one day and then that kid has a baby of its own) that he asked a Supreme Court Justice in front of a packed house if he sodomizes his wife. Fantastic stuff.

Moving on...For all the NYC Slackers with nothing to do tomorrow night, the incomparable Beck is playing a quasi-surprise show at the Hiro Ballroom in the Maritime Hotel before appearing on SNL this weekend. Tickets go on sale today at 5 pm, right here.

And lastly, we've had at least a hundred people come by this here blog lately looking for the "Boom Goes the Dynamite" world's worst sportscast. But here are some of my other favorite Google or Yahoo! searches that brought people to Slack yesterday:

--sexy black babies bcs 4 ree video (um, what?)
--Zoloft recreationally
--weekend woody -"the decision" cal cock
--Mary McDonell's costume
--Larry David, scrilla
--history of muffins
--"Hey you scumbag, suck it, oh yeah, Mom says hi" (this might be my all-time favorite search, greatest movie ever made)

13 Comments:

At 9:48 AM, Blogger offpeak34 said...

Wow, that is absolutely hysterical about Scalia. I can't stand the guy. I'm one of those law school people that has to read way too many of his dissents and sometimes decisions, and get sick from it on a daily basis.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Orgies and sodomy on Antonin's brain...something tells me Scalia's got some skeletons in that robe-filled closet.

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger offpeak34 said...

Haha, yeah, Scalia is a sketchy guy. I really hope he doesn't become Chief Justice, although if not him, it'll be another one of the strict constructionist/neo-con cronies. It always gets me how the new-cons call themselves cons and no one sees them for what the cons they really are.

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Matty Mac said...

On another note, "Just One of the Guys" has one of the best gratuitous boob shots in movie history, at the end. I remembering watching it when I was like 10 or something and losing my shit when the boobies popped out. To this day, at the ripe old age of 27, I still get a little excited over it. And it has a fantastic performance by Billy Zabka too.

"where do you get off having tits?"

 
At 10:40 AM, Anonymous HANDSTAND said...

Hmmmmm....

Panic at Radio City Music Hall or Beck at a sweet hotel ballroom.

Crap.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger John Howard said...

Rick: Are those what I think they are?
Terry: I'm sorry...
Rick: Where do you get off having tits?

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Just One of the Guys is awesome...in every sense of the word. Buddy the brother, Zabka, Rick, the two dorks, the boob shot, the fight scene -- greatness.

Handstand, tough call. Wish i could help ya, but I have no clue who I'd pick. Maybe Beck. 60-40 Beck?

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Gypsy Rose said...

No contest. Panic is cool and I saw them in Crested Butte when I was young and sprightly and could drink with reckless abandon among the other ski bums. Beck, on the other hand, is both weird and scarey. Just one pregnant white woman's opinion, of course.

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger offpeak34 said...

I'm going to Panic, just because I really really like Panic. I do like Beck, but for me personally I prefer Panic. It definately is a tough choice though. Either way, you'll be seeing some great music.

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Wudak! said...

are beck tix for real?

gots to get on that

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Gypsy Rose said...

Am I really the only one who finds Beck just a little pretentious and annoying? In a Strong Bad-esque "I'm so cool you don't even know I'm cool" kind of way? I guess so. I realize that I'm completely alone in this.

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Gypsy's back and she's quoting Strong Bad!

I like Beck, I think he epitomizes that kind of cool you talked about, but I think that's what makes him great. That's how you become great, you hang your balls out there.

If I weren't out tomorrow night, I'd 100% choose Beck. Also A LOT cheaper.

 
At 4:09 PM, Anonymous HANDSTAND said...

I've only seen Beck once but it was also a surprise pre-SNL show like this one. Only difference was it was at Maxwell's in Hoboken, a riduclously small venue for someone like him. It was also at the time of Sea Change so most of the night was mellow, depressing music. He did tell some flippin hilarious stories though. His new album is going kick some serious ass live.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home