Monday, May 02, 2005

It's Baaaaack

Family Guy is back...that, my friends, is democracy in action!

The people requested it, and the people got what they so rightly demanded. I can only hope Arrested Development will one day receive the same treatment if the network ever decides to unnecessarily cancel the genius of that weekly program.

But Family Guy is definitely back. From the opening scene in which they named every since-cancelled show on Fox's air since FG was yanked to the Greased Up Deaf Guy addressing America to close the show, Family Guy is as funny as ever. I was very excited to see the obscure Greased Up Deaf Guy character at the show's end, and for good reason. It signals, to me at least, that the show appreciates the efforts of its hardcore fan base that helped resurrect it from the tele-dead and that the soul of the show will remain the same.

Was last night's the greatest episode ever? No, but the formula for success is still intact: Lois and Peter go off on their adventure together while Stewie and Brian enjoy an adventure of their own, and Meg and Chris come along for the ride. Once we see Quagmire and Cleveland and Joe and the rest of the supporting cast get involved some more, then we're talkin' comedy gold. Sunday nights just got a little dumber and a whole lot happier.

Slack Song of the Day: Ho Down by Bela Fleck and the Flecktones (4/21/02) -- that's some mighty fine pickin', boys.

Band Name of the Day: Pitching Around Pujols

7 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Blogger Matty Mac said...

"that was almost as intense as the time i forgot how to sit down"

"hey Lois, how about we Christen these new sheets, you filthy, venereal disease ridden...."

How awesome was that Pinocchio scene?

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Matty Mac said...

"Christians don't believe in gravity"

"Let he who is without sin.....kick the first ass!!!!"


Passion of the Christ 2: Crucify this

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

I loved the Pinocchio scene, that's typical Family Guy brilliance right there. Dark, twisted, a new take on a played out idea...comedic brilliance.

Like I said, last night wasn't near the funniest episode I've seen, but I definitely thought it was a great sign of things to come.

I mean, nothing can ever top: "I'm not really a horse I'm really a broom." EVER.

Lois, have you seen my fake beard? Oh crap, I'm stuck in the stairs.

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Matty Mac said...

As far as typical Family-Guy-Stretching-the-limits goes, the whole "this is Trish Takinawa reporting from outside the hotel because Asians are actually not allowed inside...." takes the cake.

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger John Howard said...

I'll have to watch this show, I've heard lots of people talk about it, but never actually watched it myself.

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger jp said...

"Hey, check it out. There's a woman getting nailed on my head."

Love.That.Fucking.Show.

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Hysterical show, plain and simple.

Hey Lois, check it out, I'm a booger.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home