Monday, May 02, 2005

Li'l Help Here

Not to brag, but I have an assistant I can boss around freely. Not boss around in the get-me-some-coffee sense, but more like in the "I need all the info you can find on the unfunded liabilities of Medicare and Social Security in the next seven minutes" sense. STAT!

Well, my assistant came in this morning and quit, which I actually had been expecting for a little while now. The second my boss raised his voice to her for the first time about a month ago, I saw the wheels in her head in motion as the tears welled up in her eyes. At least she gave four weeks notice, so I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Bottom line: I gotta find a new assistant by June 1st. So if you know anyone that can handle working for an undiagnosed manic depressive genius (yes, that does describe me, but I'm talkin' about my boss now), has intricate knowledge of economics, journalism and some political science, isn't fresh out of college and wouldn't mind getting up at 6 am every day, have 'em contact me ASAP. Seriously.

5 Comments:

At 2:47 PM, Blogger John Howard said...

Now do you have to worry about your web of lies crashing down on you?

You didn't have her order you any Girls Gone Wild videos did you?

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

No, I'm clean. Well, as far as she's concerned. My professional life is spotless at least.

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger PaulNoonan said...

What's the job like?

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Don't wanna post the whole thing in public, what's your e-mail addy, I'll write up a brief description.

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger PaulNoonan said...

noonius-at-hotmail-dot-com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home