Thursday, May 12, 2005

New Gig

Every time I post anything about live music and/or the popular rock band Phish, I can feel the inevitable rolling of the eyes from most of you. If I had to guess, I'd say about 10 percent of this blog's readership genuinely enjoys those music posts, 15 percent tolerate them to an extent and the rest want to jam rusty tweezers into their scrotal or clitoral regions until they navigate away from the page.

Listen, I'm a good guy. So in an effort to alleviate some of that testicular and vaginal bleeding, I've hooked up with this dude Justin over at the the Live Music Blog (and I'm using "hooked up" in the parental sense of "met up with," not "received quality fellatio" or whatever the devil it is you kids say). I've been a big fan of the site over there, and I really love what it can eventually turn out to be.

But there hasn't been all that much content because it's really a one-man show. So I've decided to throw my hat in the ring and help him out, and I'll be posting over there with more frequency. To those fans of all things music -- and seriously, this ain't just jamband wankfest glorification -- I suggest you stop by over there and check it out. There's also a permanent link in the "Blogs We Likey" section to the right. Do it.

Slack Song of the Day: Warren Zevon's Excitable Boy from the Capitol Theater in Passaic, New Jersey on 10/1/82. Werewolves of London would be too easy to make the song of the day, but here's a link to it from that show anyway. I saw Lon Chaney walking with the Queen.

For some reason I woke up this morning singing "Last Christmas" by George Michael, but I can't find a free mp3 of it, so you get Zevon instead. Jeez, how bad is this fuckin' song?!

12 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Blogger Don Fiedler said...

OK, who's got a valid ESPN insider password? I'm sick of not being able to read how Chad Ford orgasmed all over a youth league basketball court in Bulgaria. Anyone got one? I'm not paying for it.

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Matty Mac said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger PaulNoonan said...

There are actually a few good insider passwords at Bugmenot, but it takes some trial and error, and I haven't tried it for about a month.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Jason Mulgrew said...

two things:

1) WHAT? Ace, first I semi-retire and now you're semi-retiring? I think I might have to actually start "working".

2) Re: ESPN Insider. I posted my username and password for ESPN Insider on this blog a while ago. Everything was fine, then two months later I got an email from ESPN EVERY DAY asking me to change that password because my account was insecure. It sucked and is STILL not entirely resolved, though I haven't given anyone my new password. So, while Donny is sponge-worthy, be careful who else you give that password to.

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Jason Mulgrew said...

also, "Last Christmas" is a Wham song, not a GM solo effort.

God I fucking love Wham.

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Donnie, screw you ya selfish bastard. Get yer own.

Mulgrew, I ain't retiring or semi-retiring at all. Just saying I'll try to spare you guys some of my music posts (I'm still gonna post music stuff here, just not as much hopefully). And I wanted to drop a link for Live Music Blog into a post, so people can check it out and see if they like it. Give us a year, we're gonna be huge.

Last Christmas is Wham? Wow, you just blew my mind. Mulgrew, I'll give you my heart next Xmas.

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Gypsy Rose said...

Best Warren Zevon song EVER!!!!!! Going out of the song posting business with a bang, I guess.

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Don Fiedler said...

But Ace...you're Jewish. You'll have nothing to do with Christmas.

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Well, I'll still be posting a song of the day...that won't change.

Apparently that post was really confusing! Sorry.

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Gypsy Rose said...

Oh, right. Sorry, got it. Blogs are more fun when I only read every other sentence.

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger jakezebra said...

what? you're changing the name of the blog to Live Music Blog. Say it ain't blow, Ace, say it ain't blow.

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Matty Mac said...

had to remove my last comment

 

Post a Comment

<< Home