Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Reunited And It Feels So Good

Wow, shit. I totally neglected to mention that Cream reunited last night. Eric Clapton, Ginger Baker and Jack Bruce took the stage at London's Royal Albert Hall for the first time in 37 years. Thirty-seven years! Not to get all Walton on you, but this might have been the toughest ticket in the history of the world.

5/02/05 Royal Albert Hall, London, England
I'm So Glad, Spoonful, Outside Woman Blues, Pressed Rat and Warthog, Sleepy Time Time, NSU, Badge, Politician, Sweet Wine, Rollin' & Tumblin', Stormy Monday, Deserted Cities of the Heart, Born Under a Bad Sign, We're Going Wrong, Crossroads, Sitting On Top of the World, White Room, Toad

E: Sunshine of Your Love

Extra extra, read all about it.

6 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Blogger ahren said...

oh man, that's great. i didn't even know about. love that band-- she was like a bearded rainbow.

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Yeah, Bart Starbux tried to put together a little field trip over there when the shows were announced. That would only have cost about, what, $2500 for the trip?

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Wooglin said...

Not to be that guy, but I had the privilege of seeing Eric Clapton at the Royal Albert Hall a few years ago. Interesting story really, I was studying in London at the time. The night before the concert I went to see a British Grateful Dead coverband in Tufnell Park (north London). I ended up getting insanely drunk and fell out of the lorry (cab) on the way home. In the process I broke my front tooth in half and got eight stitches in my chin. The next day I woke up at about 6pm, went directly to the Hall, and scalped tickets to cheer myself up. Seats were nosebleeders but one of the coolest venues I've ever been in. Clapton took the stage and said,
"It's good to be home." And I was like "yeah!" Then I realized I was from the states and was like "oh...yeah."

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Good story, Woogie. That's pretty funny shit.

But as Moes Manuel says to Bullock and Frock Coat Utter, "Fuck yourself, and don't act entitled to answers."

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Bart Starbux said...

More like 2500 for a concert ticket alone. Dammit! Why aren't we all filthy rich?

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger offpeak34 said...

That sounds so cool, i really wish i could've been there. I'm hoping they tour in the US although I'm sure tickets would be insanely expensive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home