Thursday, May 19, 2005

This Is Red Rocks...This Is The Edge

I just had a brush with God himself.

Before heading up to the cafeteria for lunch I went downstairs for a little break when a black Escalade pulled up to the curb. The driver's side back door opened and some pretty chick and a humongous bodyguard exited before the door slammed shut. A Mr. Olympia-sized driver then hopped out of his seat and re-opened the driver's side door. Bono emerged from the vehicle.

That's right, Bono. Sunglasses, dark leather chaqueta and all (the man actually looked exactly like the pic above). Since I work where I work it's not out of the ordinary to see a celebrity in or around my building. And usually I want to say hello and gush, but I never do, as in the case of soulful white man Michael McDonald, Charlie Murphy and Ashy Larry, Bill Walton and a whole slew of more legit stars and other semi-celebrities. That's just not my style.

But Bono...eh. I'm not buyin' it. He doesn't do it for me: a little too preachy, a little too, um, douchey. He just seems like a world-class, first-rate d-bag, no? The make-up chick here says he was a good guy, but any rocker that wants to be the head of the World Bank and openly covets a Nobel Prize has to be a damn fool, methinks. So I let him stroll by and walk his cool walk, and that's that. Although to watch everyone here do a bunch of double takes is a beautiful thing.

Wanna know what's really giving me a stiffy in the pantalones today? Arrested Development is coming back to television for another likely hilarious season...this time on Monday nights. She will be mine. Oh yes, she will be mine.

As I've written plenty about in this space, AD is by far and away the funniest and most brilliant show on the tube right now, and it's arguably the second funniest program ever created. Yeah, I said it. Every member of the huge ensemble cast brings their best every week, especially Will Arnett as G.O.B., who should both win an Emmy this year and let me bang his ridiculously cute wife some time.

In an unusual move for the network, Fox made a great decision today. They just made six million people very, very happy. See ya Mondays, Bluth Family Circus.

4 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, Blogger ethan said...

you are the bearer of great news. i'm looking forward to a lot more "dragon, nuts!"

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

To the nuts!

The bridge mix!

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger John Howard said...

I just hope you have the right show ranked as the funniest. I'll just assume you do.

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Honestly, anyone that doesn't consider Head of the Class the greatest show in TV history ain't a friend of mine. I mean, seriously, Dennis Blunden was a character for the ages. And Arvid is a comic genius, no? When they beat Bronx Science in the Quiz Bowl, oh man, I jumped for joy.

I like Seinfeld too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home