Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Be Prepared

I feel sick today and I got nuthin': My (deep) throat is sore, my nose is stuffed, my head is pounding and my chest is tight. There might be an early departure in the works. Or, I might just sit here all day and get the people next to me sick.

And I don't know why, but this is my favorite story right now...Do you get special merit badges for blatant fibbing and race-consciousness?

"An independent investigation of the Atlanta-area Boy Scouts found that the organization inflated its number of black Scouts by more than 5,000 in a program for inner-city youth."

Again, I got nuthin'. It's CNN's 25th birthday today, and everyone's pretty psyched. I am too, 'cuz without the Cable News Network, where else would I learn that Rod Stewart is going to be a father again at 60 years old? It's nice to know that during the same week Deep Throat revealed himself, we still have hard-hitting journalism like that.

Slack Song of the Day: Let's do this like Casey Casem today..."With the title track off their new album, here's Best Reason to Buy the Sun by the Benevento/Russo Duo" (3/10/05, Denver).

9 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Blogger Matty Mac said...

This may sound a bit juvenile and stupid, but I love the fact that they used the word "Probe" in the headline about Boy Scouts. There's something very homoerotic about it, makes me laugh.

Is there a merit badge for being able to reload an AK-47 clip in mid-drive by?

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger jp said...

Feel better slack. Oh and if you want to make your co-workers sick, when they go to the RR, go lick random things on their desks.

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

I hate to bitch about being sick, I really do, but it totally consumes you, ya know? I guess I'm staying at work though, so everyone's gonna get sick. Suck it, bitches!

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Wooglin said...

Vitamin C and chicken soup Ace. That's what you need. Although it never really worked for me. But then again I rarely ever get sick cause I was blessed with an unbelievably strong immune system. In fact, I could go to the bathroom and lick random things I'd probably be fine. I mean, I'd vomit, but that would just be from disgust, not from viral or bacterial infection.

Anyway, ever since I started this job at a lawfirm where I actually have to bill every 6 minutes of my time I have had not time for Slackin.

In fact this post took about 5 or 6 minutes. That's gonna cost some poor bastard about 15-20 bucks.

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

And so the Wooglin Wasted Cash Count begins...love live the WWCC.

I used to never get sick, but this is the second time in six months I've been legitimately ill. Time to change the habits.

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger John Howard said...

Is your vomit streak still intact? If so, don't eat any black and white cookies.

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Look to the cookie, John.

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger John Howard said...

I'm partial to the babka.

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger jp said...

It's like David Duke and Farakhan down there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home