Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Conflicting Reports

Here's a cool headline -- "Man: Flesh-eating aliens were chasing me when I caused fatal car crash."

But it gets much more specific, and honestly, a little scarier: "In three court-ordered evaluations, the defendant stated he was fleeing subterranean beings he called 'hemadrones' when he carjacked a commercial vehicle near a Nevada City, Calif., gas station and then crashed into Reynolds' service vehicle."

I doubt Steven Spielberg (nor his non-union Mexican equivalent Senor Spielbergo) agrees with this potentially crazy man's assertion, though. Spielberg's very confused about why "fewer UFO sightings are made now than were made twenty years ago - because the technology to record would-be aliens is so commonplace today."

I can't see how he'd be so confused, but alas, he's rich, which means he's entitled to do and say what he wants. Maybe if I lived at home, I could save about $20K a year, and maybe one day I too will be rich like Stevie, allowing me to be confused in public over stupid shit.

I bring this up because I just found out 82 percent of 18- to 30-year-old men in Italy still lived with their parents. More than four in five. Craisins. What percent of American 18-to-30-year-old live at home? Would you guess 15 percent? 25 percent?

According to this study, it's 43 percent. More craisins. After seeing this report, I'm genuinely astonished the number of suicides among 18 to 30-year-olds isn't infinitely greater.

3 Comments:

At 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My step father lived with his parents until he was forty years old! He's 57 now (Only 17 years out of the house)... what a sucker.

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

For serious?

 
At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No joke...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home