Friday, June 10, 2005

Cut a Slice of Melon

It's not that I'm so busy today, I just don't feel like writing anything. To the legion of Slackers looking for some entertainment this morning/afternoon, I just cannot provide that at this time. I'm not sorry either, you bastards.

After dinner last night with my good friends Rachel and Snacks, Rachel invited me to a rooftop party in the East Village. Now normally after a big dinner out I'll go home, take a few bingers and sit on the couch with my hands in my pants for the rest of the night. But for some reason I was feeling saucy. Sure, I'll go. Count me in.

The party was semi-ridiculous, as what appeared to be 100 people flocked to this spacious rooftop for some good tunes, great people, cold beer and even some fireworks off in the distance (perhaps Randall's Island, not really sure). I met some really cool people, and I had a funny 20-minute conversation with a dude that, unbeknownst to me at the time, turned out to be the bassist for Ween.

But I got home and watched a little unwatchable SportsCenter. Did I see correctly that Will Smith opened up the NBA Finals telecast last night? Where was Big Shot Bob Horry when that was going on? Were the two ever visible on the screen at the same time? I need to know.

And Back Page Phil is at it again -- this is one of the nuttiest stories I've ever read. Check out the lede on this story: "Nigerian police have arrested a cow that killed a bus driver who was urinating on a highway, a police spokesman said Thursday."

Slack Song of the Day: It should be Roses are Free or Voodoo Lady or something else by Ween, but it's not. So here's some Steve Kimock Band for ya, because he's playing Saturday night at BB Kings's and the Ace Cowboy may or may not be in attendance if he can rustle up some co-conspirators. Here's Kimock's Band covering In Memory of Elizabeth Reed from 05/05/05 at the Fillmore.

2 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, Blogger Justin said...

Holy cow, Ace. The bassist from Ween? That's awesome...

 
At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Dave #6 said...

What time is the Kimmock show?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home