Tuesday, June 07, 2005

I Invented Pants

So Al Gore won a lifetime achievement award at the 9th Annual Webby Awards this year...isn't this honor long overdue for the guy that actually invented the Internets?

The cool thing about the Awards is that "recipients get five words, and five words only, to make their acceptance speeches." The former vice president used his five words to say, "Please don't recount this vote." And according to the article, "the place went nuts."

Really? People are still laughing at those kinds of electoral jokes? We've had a whole other election since then, Gore has given fiery public speeches, he's grown and shaved a scraggly beard...and people are still laughing at the old standbys? Ridiculous. Poor comedy.

Well, I guess I'm a hypocrite considering I just used the ol' "I invented the Internet" joke, but, uh, fuck you buddy. I'm continuing to poke fun at an idiotic and assanine claim, whereas Gore sounds like the spilt milk has yet to be Brawnyed. I swear to God I'll pistol-whip the next guy that makes a recount joke. Hey Farva...

5 Comments:

At 2:52 PM, Blogger John Howard said...

Yeah, I was going to post what a hypocrite you are, but I see you addressed it.

 
At 3:02 PM, Anonymous Dave#6 said...

You disappoint me here Ace.

As an avid follower of current events, you should know that the "I invented the internets" quote was a made up smear by the vast right wing conspiracy that controls this country. (See: dailyhowler.com for amusing discussions of how our beloved corporate media whores blew [no pun intended] this one).

Its funny and all. But false. Stick with maligning those who "disassemble" daily.

When's the red-headed fuckface back in town? Holla!

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Yeah, I point out my shortcomings liberally...It's like they say, if you can't laugh at yourself, you can always laugh at cripples and black people.

And Dave #6, my good man, I do know the facts. But it's sooo much more fun to attribute it to Gore. Right wing nutbars or not, you know Gore was thinking it.

Big Red is dead to me.

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger jp said...

You may have invented pants, but I invented the mini-skirt.

And to all you guys, you're very welcome.

 
At 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shenanigans! Classic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home