Monday, June 27, 2005

I'm Wreckin' Shit Again

I truly love the blogosphere. What's not to love? This time I'm smiling wide for another nerdy Phish reason, just like the time Lukas took the Fluffhead Sign Fiasco national.

If you hang around this here space at all, I'm sure you're familiar with 70 Volt Parade, the current project of former Phish geetarist Trey Anastasio. I've discussed the new band at length, and I've also mentioned it in random posts. My general take: These guys are pretty good, they still need work, Trey's apparently happy, but they're far, far, far inferior to the popular rock band Phish on their worst day.

In my post a few weeks back about Trey opening for the Rolling Stones in October, I jokingly linked to the Brainy Dictionary definition of the word "inferior" when referring to 70VP. After all, if you started a Carmen San Diego-style manhunt for the Ace Cowboy, Trey-bashing would be my recognizable hobby.

So imagine my surprise when someone on the Phish boards today pointed out the top Yahoo! and Google searches for 70 Volt Parade. Go ahead, click 'em, I'll wait right here.

Yes yes, superstars, the Ace Cowboy -- in conjunction with your helpful clicking of my links -- has fucked the Bad Lieutenant on the Internets! Turnabout is fair play, Trey. So, for now at least, any time someone searches for 70 Volt Parade on Yahoo! or Google, right up top it'll say "inferior." Any time Trey Googles his new band, it'll stare him right in the face. God-freakin-damn, that's just funny.

Score one for the Cowboy.

5 Comments:

At 5:12 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Oh, and about three minutes ago, one of you bastards was just the 50,000th visitor to Slack. Congrats, and come again.

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger The Ambiguously Gay Uno said...

Is that why all of the balloons and confetti just started pouring down in my office? Congrats on the 50K mark...

And I don't quite understand the 70 Volt Parade / Link / Google / Yahoo thing...

 
At 10:18 PM, Anonymous Justin said...

Ace Cowboy is wreckin' shit up!

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

I've explained the situation to AGU...anyone else not get it and need me to clarify?

 
At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's pretty great, the inferior link. plan now for your next post: trey googles his own cover band on the internets, spirals into severe, heroin-induced rampage when he see what you've done, then cancels the piddly few tour dates he recently announced. but seeing as how most of those dates are in the midwest anyway (and we all know how fucked up their value systems can be), who's gonna care? -miami

 

Post a Comment

<< Home