Friday, June 24, 2005

Spurs Win, Paint Dries

Five things that are infinitely more fun than watching Game 7 of the NBA Finals (or any of the six games for that matter):

1. Fasting for Passover
2. Searching for missing Utah Boy Scouts
3. Passing kidney stones
4. Losing three of four to the Devil Rays
5. Hangin' with Mr. Cooper

After watching the first half at Earl's for my birthday dinner, we came home and I spent much of the second half reading Jayson Stark's Useless Info columns rather than paying attention to that boredom personified. And it paid off, because I found this awesome nugget:

"It was actually Red Sox media-relations wiz Peter Chase who noticed that, on three straight days (June 4-5-6), the Sox faced a lineup with a different Molina brother – Jose, then Bengie, then (thanks to the miracle of interleague play) Yadier." That's great stuff. For more Starkian Oddities, click right here.

I also read in one of Stuttering Gobbler Gammons' latest pieces that the Red Sox have a Rule V outfielder named Adam Stern. I'm not sure, but that sounds Druish. Is Theo Epstein just stockpiling the Jews? First Gabe Kapler, then Kevin Youkilis, now Stern? I smell something fishy, and that ain't just the lox spread.

And a reminder for you NYC folks, come on by to Patrick Kavanagh's tonight after 10-ish. We'll be ragin' it up in honor of my 14th birthday. LOL. ROFL. C YA!

Slack Song of the Day: I'm feeling the Phish from Vermont today. Well, actually, I'm feeling a great song called Jack Rabbit by the Greyboy Allstars, but I can't find a version to stream online. You can stream their whole show at last year's Jazzfest here, that's the best I can do. In fact, go ahead and do that, because Greyboy is one of the more underrated bands in recent memory.

In the meantime, here's The Pheesh on Ween's Roses are Free from the Coors Amphtitheatre in Chula Vista, Cali on 9/18/99.

5 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Blogger poophopanonymous22 said...

the nba finals is infinitely more fun when u go to a bar, full of pistons fans i may add, and pick credit cards out of a hat, assign those cards the spurs/pistons, and then losing team foots the bill for the night, good times

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger ahren said...

i caught that greyboy show at jazzfest-- really, really great show. plus we got e in the bathroom.

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

I can see that, poophop. Nothing like a boring game and picking up a big bill.

That's great, Ahren, I listen to that show all the time. I kinda wish the Greyboy guys would realize they're good on their own but amazing together and re-unite on a more permanent basis. But I think Denson wants to play the cowbell and dance around the stage these days, so we have that to look forward to.

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger PaulNoonan said...

What a coincidence. One time I was at an Eels concert, and I saw E getting some in the bathroom.

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger jakezebra said...

Uncanny. I too have been at a concert and have seen someone in a bathroom.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home