Monday, July 25, 2005

The Bad Lt.'s Got Some New Friends

The Redheaded Fuckface debuted his new lineup for the upcoming tour at the 10,000 Lakes Festival this weekend:

Trey Anastasio - guitar/vocals
Christina Durfee - backing vocals
Les Hall - keys/guitar
Tony Hall - bass
Jennifer Hartswick - backing vocals
Ray Paczkowski - keys
Skeeto Valdez - drums

I’m sensing a Fleetwood Mac thing here: lotsa chicks. So, allright, we’ve got two guys named Hall and two lovely ladies to join Skeeto, Ray and Big Red. I think this band can only improve from here…especially with Peter gone, who was clearly the weak link. We’ll see for ourselves when the tour kicks into high gear on August 4th at the Bank of America Pavillion in Boston.

And according to Jambands.com, “During his set, the former Phish guitarist debuted a handful of new songs including Spin, Invisible and Tuesday. Fellow festival performer Les Claypool also emerged for a version of Oysterhead’s Oz is Ever Floating.”

Also, here’s a nice review of the 10,000 Lakes Festival from the Minneapolis Star Tribune.

And a handful of PICS are now up on the 10KLF website…The Bad Lieutenant has shaved his beard, folks!

(As seen on the Live Music Blog)

15 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Blogger Don Fiedler said...

Looks like someone's finally done it. Someone opened a restaurant called "Pita Pan", an obvious take off of the beloved children's cartoon character.

http://www.menupages.com/restaurantdetails.asp?neighborhoodid=0&restaurantid=5838

But do Ace, Bux, and I get credit? Never. Looks like we'll just have to out-cliche them when we open any of the following:

Pita Frampton
Pita Paul and Mary
Tzatziki Barber
Czecho-souvlaki-a
Primordial Ouzo
Kibbe and Bits

(any others?)

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger hoobs said...

here are a few:

Mickey Moussaka
Baklavan Kirkland
Post-hummus (for a funeral catering company?)

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

I want 1 percent of all Pita Pan's profits.

Or maybe I'll just open up my own place called Instant Shwarma.

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger dhodge said...

I saw a Thai place in DC called Thai Tanic. I propose "Thai me up, Thai me down" and "Son of Siam".

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Don Fiedler said...

Have you tried the pad thai at "I don't want to work, I just want to Bangkok the drum all day"? It's excellent.

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

I haven't, Donnie, but I have tried the Chicken Satay at "A Boy Named Tsu-nami." It's lovely.

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger ethan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger hoobs said...

i hear they have great empty plates at Somali Ringwald.

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger ahren said...

is jen bringing her trumpet or no? she better. also, i hear the song "tuesday" is really just a prelude for the phish reunion, to take place over a 4 day period (on the moon). they'll open on tuesday night with "tuesday," play with no breaks until sunrise friday, when we'll all get the disappointing "friday" closer, which will cause everyone to bitch about what a weak set it was.

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger ahren said...

also, why does the live music blog censor "swear" words? i find that annoying.

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Man, I'm full. Just ordered a mean dish from "What About Kebob?"

Re: Live Music Blog -- believe it or not, I self-censor everything actually. Justin's not big on the devil's language, so I oblige his request to keep it relatively clean. It's okay, I curse enough on this site for both.

As for Trey, I hope Jen brings her trumpet 'cuz that band could use some horns. As for your clever Tuesday/Friday joke, kudos bar. The chirpy Friday jam has totally grown on me, by the way.

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Justin said...

And, for the record, I'm okay with certain devil language...

I just worry about having a blog discussing Redheaded Fuckfaces and having it fully accessible to most readers. Not to be the next Will Smith of the blog world, I think we'll start incorporating more swears in the upcoming weeks.

Thanks for the feedback. =]

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger ethan said...

you guys gotta try the pie at I Heart Huckleberries. it rivals that of Half Baked Alaska.

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger ahren said...

i like friday myself. split open and melt->friday from deer creek 2003 is one of my favorite moments

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Kenny Alias said...

If your looking for good curses over there at the Live Music Blog I suggest "cocksucker." It's one of my favorites.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home