Wednesday, July 13, 2005

I'm Back

Busy day ahead...but first, a couple of starters:

--From an anonymous source, who I refuse to go to jail for: "ESPN hired an ombudsman, which I think is a pretty cool move – a former Washington Post sports editor/journo professor...

And then I find out that HIS SON IS THE PRODUCER OF AROUND THE HORN. They hired the freakin’ dad of the guy who produces the second-worst program (after Rome is Burning) on the network.

C’mon! I mean, I’m sure he’ll do his best to be impartial, but how can you allow such a major conflict of interest?"

Good point, Sporty Deep Throat. I couldn't agree more. And for those of you wondering what the H an ombudsman is, Merriam-Webster to the rescue. That's one of those words that everyone's heard at least once but never asks for a definiton. Kind of like "afterbirth" (OK, I clearly watched parts of Boomerang this weekend).

--Does anyone wanna go to the Big Summer Classic with me? Sure, it requires taking off from work on Thursday, July 21st, but it's going to be a killer day of music and Sumo wrestling.

Here's the lineup:
New Monsoon - 1:30pm
Umphrey's McGee - 3:00pm
Keller Williams - 4:30pm
Michael Franti & Spearhead - 6:00pm
Yonder Mountain String Band - 7:30pm
The String Cheese Incident - 9:00pm

Well, I'm going alone if nobody wants to come, but it'd be nice to get a pod'ner there. Much like the ECW reunion, I'm guaranteeing a good time. Six bands, ten hours of great music, Keyspan Park on Coney Island, maybe a ride on the Cyclone...sounds lovely, right?

--And lastly, here's a great headline: "Mariah Carey's Clothes Fall Off."

Stay tuned, more on my absence later...

7 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, Blogger PaulNoonan said...

Welcome back. You missed absolutely nothing. Even the hurricane was sort of disappointing.

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Damn nothing hurricanes.

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger PaulNoonan said...

I suppose it was exciting if you had better seats.

 
At 1:11 PM, Anonymous John Howard said...

The hurricaine ws pretty boring down here, too.

I love Boomerang, especially the way Stronget says Aftearbearthhh.

Is Rome is buring that bad? I never watch it, but I didn't realize it was bad. It can't be worse than Playmakers, can it?

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger PaulNoonan said...

If you like repeating the same joke over and over again. I mean over and over. Beating a dead horse. Over and over and over and over and over.

In that case...it might be interesting.

Yeah, that's reeaal cool. Very impressive Mr. Rome. heh.

Ridiculous. (Smirk)

I'm out.

(Wrack him.)

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Do people actually watch Jim Rome every day? He didn't lose all credibility when Jim Everitt sacked him? Seriously, Rome might be my least favorite TV personality this side of Tim McCarver. Rome should be whipped with a horsewhip.

Playmakers looks like Deadwood compared to Rome is Burning.

 
At 4:18 PM, Anonymous John Howard said...

I like Jim Rome's radio show ok, but I didn't like his last TV show, The Last Word, and I've only seen Rome is Burning maybe twice.

Wasn't it when Everett attacked him that his career really took off? Before that he was nobody. Now Jim Everett is nobody, weird.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home