Monday, July 25, 2005

I'm Back

Sooorry, folks, took off for the green grass and blue skies of Northeast Pennsylvania on Friday and forgot to let y'all know to look for entertainment elsewhere. Still, though, I came back to some hilarious comments in the post below, so it looks like that problem took care of itself. Well done, gents, well done.

So whilst I re-acclimate myself to the office surroundings following another "Bestest Weekend of the Year," check out these cool pictures from Thursday's Big Summer Classic at Prospect Park in Brooklyn, which I missed for no good reason. I had to choose between taking Thursday off or Friday off, and I made the right decision -- but it still sucks to miss something like this.

Over at the Live Music Blog, Justin actually put up a new podcast with some music from the Big Summer Classic at Schaumburg, Illinois' Alexian Field (7/9/05). There's some great stuff on here from String Cheese, Umphrey's, Keller doing Gin and Juice and Yonder Mountain performing Come Together. Hit it up here.

We'll have more on the rest of the weekend later...

Slack Song of the Day: The podcast should be SSOTD enough, but here's an extra just for you on this gloomy Monday morning. It's been about 10 years since we listened to Rusted Root at camp every single day...so in honor of this weekend's camp reunion, here's a reprise of a cool version of Send Me on My Way from 5/17/02. I put this up once before, but hey, it's a nostalgic selection.

Slack Link of the Day: I came home to about four messages from fellow Yank'ums fans talking about the serious Rivera blunder from YES announcers Michael Kay and Bobby Murcer. I wish I could have heard this go down...too funny.

12 Comments:

At 10:24 AM, Blogger Don Fiedler said...

I just took a shit in Sunny Brook.

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Donnie's becoming the new Poophop...Use that energy for some posting, fella, I don't like this smart-aleck, no-good Wisenheimer poster that can't wait to make a funny to look cool in front of the loose ladies.

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger ethan said...

three biggest yankee prospect busts of the 80's/90's:

1. (obviously) brien taylor
2. ruben rivera
3. bam bam hensley muelens (the heir apparent to pags)

drew henson is a figment of my imagination, so please don't mention him.

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Don Fiedler said...

Easy Ace. I'm slowly trying to work my way back in.

Ethan, I'd add:

Dave Eiland (how many chances do you get to suck? easy: 4 years worth, then you get traded to the padres, then we inexplicably bring you back for 1 start after the strike)
Kevin Maas (the "Sweet Tease" of 1990)
Wade Taylor/Jeff Johnson (ew)
"Super-Aussie" Mark Hutton
&
Jay Tessmer (who spawned the line borrowed from the Dead's Bertha: Tessmer, Tessmer, why don't you arress-mer.)

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger ethan said...

ooo tessmer. gross. good call.

i knew maas would get some face time in this discussion, but i don't know if i could put him up there. i think of him more as a one hit wonder, not as much as a prodigy - kind of like a shane spencer (remember when he hit 10 jacks in his first september?!).

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

I LOVED Bam Bam Muelens...I'm still bitter to this day that he didn't work out. Terrible.

I'm with Donnie on this one...there was a point there where every Yankee fan was saying, "Man, this guy could be the centerpiece."

Nice stance, terrible everything else.

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger ethan said...

i can't deny the hard-on maas gave yanks fans, but i don't really remember him as a big prospect (dominating various levels in the minors, comparisons to big name players, etc that rivera, taylor and bam bam all got). then again i was 12, so perusing baseball america's minor league reports was not as important as finding my sister's copy of cosmo with kathy ireland on the cover.

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger poophopanonymous22 said...

and it seems i have become the new donnie fiedler with my lack of posting...zing

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger jakezebra said...

I hear Tyler Hill wasn't really a hill at all, but more like a butte or a promontory.

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Don Fiedler said...

I heard that Tyler "Hill" was really just a hogback on the 4th green at the local pitch n' putt.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger jakezebra said...

In many romance languages, a 'Tyler Hill' is a slang term for a landfill.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home