Friday, July 01, 2005

Showtime & Show Times

Devout Lakers fan Chiptole Bob thinks the Showtime teams of yore are dead, especially after seeing this Web profile of their newest draft pick. Bob's personal favorites:

"Went barefoot in the snow?: NO...im black
Who's hotter, Josh Hartnett or Chad Michael Murray? ima guy....
What was the last thing you said? the last questions is homo"

Yeah, I'd say the dynasty is in trouble. Also, can a professional athlete use the word "homo" and get away with it? I'm actually guessing this thing lands him in some hot water.

Also, tomorrow is the long-awaited (By who? Not sure) Live 8 concert, 20 years after the original fed some skinny-ass brown folks. For the full broadcast lineup and a couple pictures of the reunited Gray Floyd, click on over to the Live Music Blog.

Oh, and check out this Mitch Hedberg media site...someone took some time to put his audio and video spots in one place, as a tribute. Good stuff. Here are some of my favorite bits.

One more link: The First Annual Phallic Logo Awards. Classic. The runners-up are all hysterical, but the winner truly deserves it.

5 Comments:

At 3:16 PM, Anonymous John Howard said...

I think he can say homo and get away with it as long as people don't know who he is. If he said that in a few years, he'd be in more trouble.

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Gypsy Rose said...

I think it depends on which athlete and in what context. Like for instance, "Hi, I'm Brian Boitano and I'm not a homo" might be okay.

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Man, Brian Boitano gets a ton of shit...I mean, who ever thought a figure skating dork from the '80s would still be getting traction a decade and a half later? And why doesn't anyone ever make fun of Elvis Stoiko? Or Brian Orser?

I'm tired.

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Gypsy Rose said...

I thought about going with Scott Hamilton. But I ask you... did Bea Arthur stop being funny just because the Golden Girls got cancelled? Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Huh?

Sorry. Guess I'm tired too.

 
At 9:32 PM, Anonymous John Howard said...

A better question is why does Ace know thatmany 80s figure skaters? Or did you have to research that one?

Gypsy, I'm pretty sure Bea Arthur stopped being funny long before The Golden Girls got canceled, if she ever started in the first place. The funniest thing I can think of about her is when the members of The Lone Rangers wanted naked pictures of her as one of their demands when they took over the radio station to get their demo tape played.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home