Monday, July 18, 2005

You're Not Chinese

When I posted something here about my recent LASIK surgery, I used the ol' standby "I Can See Clearly Now." In doing so, I invited a little ridicule on myself for employing such a trite subject headline.

Maybe I should have referenced something cultural instead, like "Eatin' Onions, Spottin' Dimes" or "Eyes of the World" or "Vision Quest." I chose something easy, though, and I took some heat from the Uno and others. I says to you, I says, that's what I get for coming up with an unoriginal and obvious headline.

And that brings us to the reason for this post: completely original headlines. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say no news organization nor any blogger in the history of the world has ever written the header on this excellent BBC article. Sweet.

2 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, Anonymous John Howard said...

You could have just said you got an eye job.

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger PaulNoonan said...

I think those are still outlawed in Texas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home