Thursday, August 25, 2005

Drunk Stewie

For months now I've been hearing about a hysterical Family Guy movie. People have downloaded and viewed it on the Internets, yet nobody I know personally has seen it.

In a surprise move, one of my Canadian friends sent me a clip from this flick (eh?), which has been leaked on the world wide web months before the release date. So I did a little research and found out it's a 83-minute film called Family Guy Presents Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story Unrated.

This isn't the funniest Stewie clip I've ever seen, and the audio certainly does suck, but it's always funny when Stewie's the center of the show's attention. And he's drunk, which is always a plus.

Here's a brief clip from the new movie. Enjoy.

Slack "Coming Soon" News of the Day: Get ready for Old School 2 -- "DreamWorks Pictures has given the green light to Old School 2 and hired Todd Phillips and Scot Armstrong to write the script for Phillips to direct, reports Variety. Montecito Pictures will produce the sequel." [More]

Slack Link of the Day: AGU and I stayed in the other night and caught 90 straight minutes of Tommy Lee Goes to College. And you know what? It was fantastic. I thought about putting together a nice review of the show, but The Letter D did it better than I could ever have. Incidentally, if you're not checking out The Letter D's blog every now and again, you're missing out on some hilarious insight, the guy's a real talent.

Slack Song of the Day: The popular rock band Phish debuted a handful of new songs on their last tour, which is admirable for a group that had already called it quits. They could have just plunged into the depths of nostalgia and just played YEM and Reba every night, but instead they tried to introduce new material to the fray.

In a strange but very welcome move, Phil & Friends took one of the best of these new songs and played it at one of his recent shows (I'm sure that can be attributed to moe. guitarist Al Schnier, but who really knows?). I thought this tune had the potential to be one of the greats, but I guess we'll never get the chance to know.

Either way, here's Phil & Friends from 5/13/05 at the Warfield with Phish's A Song I Heard the Ocean Sing.

Slack Message of the Day: Happy 26th birthday Hoobs. If anyone's around tomorrow night, we're drinkin' at the No Malice Palace after we get back from the Bronx (can we beat KC this time?).

8 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Blogger ethan said...

that show is hilarious. it's funny that he really seems to care about making the marching band. and when the band leaders are all "this guy's a professional drummer?"

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger hoobs said...

thanks for the b-day wish, ace. i'll be celebrating all day with other aug 25ers Sean Connery, Gene Simmons, Elvis Costello, Tom Skerritt, Blair Underwood, Kel Mitchell (Welcome to Good Burger) and my future wife, Rachel Bilson.

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger ethan said...

hoobs - happy (scrappy hero pup) birthday. we need to set up a steel cage match between you and adam brody for bilson. think you can take him? i hear he's got a fantastic Sarcastic Suplex working.

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger hoobs said...

brody's got nothing on me. his Sarcastic Suplex doesn't hold a candle to my Corny Clawhold. it would be quite a battle of ultra-nerdy humor, though.

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Yes it would...I've see the Corny Clawhold up close many many times, and it's rough stuff. Very effective.

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger ahren said...

i've seen the family guy movie. it's funny, but not as good as the show, because it's hard to sustain that level for 90 minutes or whatever. there's some really great moments in there though-- they take the race jokes and sex stuff a little further than they do on tv.

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger The Letter D said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Ace. I'm telling you though, that show is a blog writer's dream. The stuff pretty much writes itself.

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

I can imagine the FG Movie would turn out that way...I don't know many bigger fans of the show, and I'm not sure that would keep me goin' for 90 minutes.

Lois have you seen my fake beard? Oh crap I'm stuck in the stairs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home