Friday, September 23, 2005

Ace Moves to the Village

At the Meadowlands on Sunday, I mentioned to my buddy Glaser how I was frantically looking for a roommate by the first of October. He then informed me that one of his current roommates was moving to the nation's capital for work. Twenty-eight hours later we all shook hands on a deal.

That's how it came to be. After more than four long years in the same converted one-bedroom apartment in Murray Hill, I impulsively decided on Monday night to move downtown. For the first time since after college in late August of 2001 (which was about the worst time ever in American history to impulsively decide to convert to Islam), I'm packing up all my stuff and re-situating in another location.

It's been three years and a month living with the Ambiguougly Gay Uno and another year before him with That Friend Who Didn't Call Me When He Got Engaged. Both of them decided to move in with their girlfriends after bunking up with Ol' Ace, so I must have some sort of marital effect on people. It's been a hell of a ride, but all things must come to an end. For every door that closes, another one opens. I may be closing one chapter, but I'm beginning another. [Insert additional generic moving-related cliche here].

But as much fun as the Uno and I had in this apartment, I'm excited about finally departing the neighborhood and starting anew in the heart of the Village. Don't get me wrong, I'm the first guy to defend Murray Hill from its somewhat deserved reputation among Manhattanites as a young, Jappy haven, but I think my new home will more easily suit my speed.

So if you're lookin' for me in the future, check for me in the fratty bars of the Village instead of the post-fratty bars of Murray Hill. Check for me in the NYU Village dorms instead of the post-college Murray Hill dorms. It'll be a whole new world, except not really at all.

Now it's time to clean everything out and pack everything up. Then it's moving time, unpacking time, organizing time...yeah, I'm really looking forward to the next two weeks. Mickey Glaser and Dorsey Levin, welcome to my world.

Slack Link of the Day: Check out this Minnesota high school band that covers DJ Shadow instead of the usual emsemble fare...

Slack Song of the Day: For the second straight day, I'm so captivated by this iDigit site that you're getting a full Slack Setlist of the Day...

Talking Heads' Don't Worry About the Government > Dave Brubeck's Blue Rondo ala Turk > James Brown's Get Up Offa That Thing > Funkadelic's Can You Get to That? > Miles Davis' Sivad > The Band's It Makes No Difference > Eric Clapton's Badge > Huey Lewis' The Heart of Rock n Roll > The Beatles' Mean Mr. Mustard > Polythene Pam > She Came in Thru the Bathroom Window > Golden Slumbers > Carry That Weight > The End

Enjoy some tune-age.

2 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Blogger ethan said...

moving locations is fun. actually moving your stuff, not so much.

how close will you be from LG's place?

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Not too far at all...this means next time you make it to NYC, we'll hit a much cooler bar.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home