Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Beatrice's Busybee

Obviously I'm a bit busy today...fucking trade deficit figures and China's makin' deals with Mejico and New Orleans is bankrupt and John Roberts is so charming and brilliant that I can't even find his faults. It's a real shitfest here today.

But here's a funny little something. A buddy of QLRM's e-mailed him yesterday that he walked passed a homeless guy in the city with a sign that read:

"PARENTS KILLED BY NINJAS, NEED MONEY FOR KUNG FU LESSONS"

Now that's comedy. I woulda given the guy a million dollars. The guy made a million dollars. I'll be back later.

Slack Show Link of the Day: In addition to the September 20th Katrina Benefit at the World's Most Famous Arena, now Radio City is joining the effort. Check this shit out.

Slack Songs of the Day: Part II of Justin's Big Cypress Jamcast went up on the LMB site yesterday...the second half of Set I for your listening pleasure.

5 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Blogger ethan said...

kung fu. great nintendo game.

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Those jumping midgets always fucked me up when the snakes were around. And then you save her to win the game, and she gets kidnapped right back. That's balls.

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Don Fiedler said...

2 questions:

1. Do you go to the Radio City show or the MSG show? I'm thinking MSG is the place to be as I'm not sure I'll ever get to see Allain Toussaint above-water ever again. Plus, he originally snuck Sally through the alley and, I believe, wrote Frankenstein (yeah, Edgar Winter-style). Back at JazzFest '98, I swear I heard Toussaint and his band doing a lyrical version of Frankenstein, saying something like, "Meant to help, not meant to harm." There was also a Dixieland twang to the opening chords. I could be wrong though as I vomitted orange soda and hurricane mix for 3 hours prior to entering the Racetrack. And yes, I do feel somewhat responsible for the toxic sludge enveloping N.O., knowing that a little Fiedler is mixed in there somewhere. And where was FEMA while I was vomiting? You call this America?

2. What was Bledsoe thinking throwing that screen pass so hard? You know that's going to bounce off the receivers hands. And who is there to pick up the scraps? The King, that's who...rumbling 55 yards for the touchdown.

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Don Fiedler said...

Right...I'm wrong. Toussaint may have scored the horn parts to Rock of Ages and the Last Waltz (2 concerts for which I'd gladly give 1 or both nuts to attend) but he did not write Frankenstein. Too bad.

http://www.superseventies.com/sw_frankenstein.html

Could he have covered it and added lyrics? I suppose. Could I have been on mushrooms? Sure. Did Bonnie Rait play the day before at JazzFest? Definately. Did I give her something to talk about? Nope, just put my balls in her mouth.

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

I remember reading in that "Fats Domino is Fucking Missing" article that Toussaint wrote Lady Marmalarde and Right Place, Wrong Time and arranged Paul Simon's Kodachrome.

As far as the concerts -- you gotta take MSG over RCMH show. Sure, Trey is at Radio City, but he blows goats (I have proof) and how many chances are you gonna get to see all those Nawlins legends before the wash away into Ponchatrain? Definitely MSG.

Did you see Rod Stewart is off the MSG show with an injury? Shingles? Rickets? What do you think he came down with?

Bonnie Raitt is damn fine, and you spelled definitely wrong. Yeah, I went there. Ho, snap. Girlfriend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home