Friday, September 09, 2005

Brilliant!

I just had one of those totally unheralded moments Genius in Everyday Life. I'm so proud of myself.

So I went to the sodies machine to get me some Coca-Cola Classic to wash down the free Friday lunch my employer so generously provides. I literally had one dollar bill, a quarter and a nickel to my name, and $0.37 on my cafeteria card, so if a Coke's $1.50, I'm shit out of luck. But I'm golden, as it only costs $1.25.

Here's the problem: The machine won't take my dollar. I tried unsuccessfully a handful of times to jam it in there, but the slot will not take in the greenback. It's not even ingesting the bill and spitting it out, the slot's just not sucking at all. After standing with my hands on my hips for a few seconds, wondering how to play this, it hit me.

I put my dollar in the snack machine next to the sodies machine and then hit the Change button. Voila, four quarters! Now I'm enjoying my drink and lunch has become that much better. It's a good day.

Machines are tough to beat, and I beat the machine.

5 Comments:

At 1:14 PM, Blogger dhodge said...

Totally off-topic, but I watched Leno last night and he mentioned the donkey meat/tiger piss and the Canton, OH teenage pregnancy stories in his monologue. I think he's been lurking on your blog. Have any anonymous readers been requesting more OJ-related content on Slack LaLane?

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Whoooa, the Leno staff is pickin' the Slack's ripe tomatoes, eh? It makes perfect sense, I try to find the same kind of off-beat stories on which they prey nightly. Way to go, Jay, you've got my support.

One of my favorite Stewie lines from Family Guy: "You know, it is so fashionable to take a shot at Jay Leno. Look, the fact is the man is out there every bloody night with fresh material and he's charming."

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger MDS said...

I did enjoy learning that Stewie is a Leno fan. I just saw the one when Brian keeps urinating on the carpet and at first Stewie gets blamed. Good times.

But dhodge, what were you doing watching Leno?

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger NewmRadio said...

It's well known that one can find their Zen-ity at the soda fountain, but who would've thought it at a soda maCHIne? Conan is the Buddha, Leno is dried dung.

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

I'm with ya, Newm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home