Thursday, September 01, 2005

Drunken Idols

Later on we'll get back to Hurricane Katrina coverage, fantastic beisbol pitching match-ups and the last hour of that CBGB Benefit I caught last night, but for now we have this hard news item from the world-renowned Page Six of the New York Post:

"September 1, 2005 -- PHISH singer Trey Anastasio apparently drinks like a fish. The frontman for the now-defunct hippie jam band was staggering past Jeffrey Chodorow's Meatpacking District eatery Ono when he was recognized by Chodorow's 19-year-old son, Max, a major Phish fan who had just finished dinner there. When Max slowed down his Audi A4 to get a closer look the other night, a slurry Anastasio asked him for a ride. Max happily let the tipsy tenor and his pals squeeze into his car and dropped them off at a townhouse on West 18th Street."

Way to go, Red! Congratulations on completing Step One of the "How to Become a Major Pop Star". And as LMB's Justin just pointed out, maybe the next step is a redheaded sex tape.

More Slack Hurricane-related Songs of the Day (see yesterday's here): Bob Dylan's Shelter from the Storm, Phish's A Song I Heard the Ocean Sing, Bruce Springsteen's Lost in the Flood, Peter Gabriel's Here Comes the Flood, Donovan's Atlantis, and for my Canadian friends, as requested, the Tragically Hip's New Orleans is Sinking and Neil Young's Like a Hurricane.

4 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Blogger Gypsy Rose said...

Why come no Neil Young Hurricane. I know you acknowledged leaving it out, but why????

Am I the only one who thinks that this is totally beautiful? "You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye.
And I'm gettin' blown away"

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger offpeak34 said...

It's really cool that the kid has an Audi A4 haha, why is that relevant to the story at all?

In other tabloid news, as a Jets fan, I thought you might be interested to know that Woody Johnson is apparently considering to sell the time:

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/342313p-292254c.html

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

There ya go, Gypsy, I updated it for you...and yeah, I owe you a phone call. We'll catch up after the holiday.

Offpeak, that's nuts! I've got no real complaints with Woody...I'll buy it. You got a few hundred million?

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger offpeak34 said...

Haha, I wish. I went to the Mets game last night and met up with the guys from www.bringourjetshome.com and got a t-shirt and flyers to hand out about moving the team back to Queens. I just hope whoever buys them (i wish I could be the one) or whoever owns them moves the team to back where they belong.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home