Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Facts are Facts

By now you've probably all heard about Kanye West's anti-Bush comments on the live NBC benefit for New Orleans.

But if you're like me and flat-out missed it (I didn't even know this event was taking place, to be honest), here's the stunning video and full transcript of the episode. It's funny -- Mr. West is clearly off the script, yet it sure as hell looks like he's stumbling through cue cards with enormous SAT words. The look on Mike Myers' face after Kanye says "George Bush doesn't care about black people" is worth at least a $100 donation to the relief effort, don't ya think?

I'd have liked to see an SNL-type skit with a Bush impersonator more talented that Will Forte flying over the Gulf Coast wreckage in Air Force One, showing the president as he thinks things like, "I could sure go for another bag of those mini pretzel twists" and "This reminds me of the time Jeb and I used to pour buckets of water on that hill of black ants." What else could you see the president saying in the airplane over New Orleans?

6 Comments:

At 11:17 AM, Blogger PaulNoonan said...

What am I gonna do with all those beads?

I hope Forrest Gump is OK?

That reminds me. Did you see that Fats Domino is A-OK:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050903/ap_en_ce/katrina_fats_domino

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger ethan said...

GW:

"how's the knee, raffy?"

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Gypsy Rose said...

What's all the fuss over the French Quarter. It's only 25 cents and it's not even American.

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Thanks, Noonan, someone filled me in on that this morning...forgot to update that. Good spot.

"These people must be praying to the wrong God, hehe, snickersnicker."

 
At 7:01 PM, Anonymous Willow said...

"All this water is making me thirsty, someone pour me a bourbon."

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Justin said...

Honestly, this is easily some seriously uncomfortable television. I loved every second.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home